Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

10/17/2006

Good News -- Bad News

The good news is that after 7 days of taking prescription Wellbutrin, I was feeling significantly better: lighter, calmer, happier, more settled, and more hopeful about life in general. I had more energy and more willingness to just ride with the ups and downs of things.

The bad news is that on day 8, a general sort of itchiness that I had been not particularly paying attention to, broke out into an all over, major, full on, ugly looking rash, and agonizing itching that portended a BIG TIME allergic reaction to the drug. A weekend on antihistamines, and a call to the doctor has me off the stuff and awaiting another appointment (no time available that fits my work schedule for two weeks) before something else can be prescribed...

So we are back to square one.

Sigh.

swan

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. *hugs*

    Hang in there okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh... The medicine route. It took me six different ones, including one allergic reaction to find one that helps, and makes me feel like me, but better. Don't give up on it though, which is what most people seem to do. You're actually not back to square one, you're elminating something that doesn't work, which isn't much, but at least it's something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:01 AM

    Hi! I'm sorry very mach for your situation, but don't despair! I hope everything will be ok!

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.