Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

9/21/2009

Looong Time

In her comment on the last post, doubleknot wrote --

"One of the most complicated things about sharing my drives and desires with Him, is that once I do that, I lose control of them. They only really "belong" to me as long as they stay in my head. The minute He gets hold of them, they become His"
I shared this with my M and he said, "Right! I like that!"
It rings as true as if I wrote it myself, Swan.
He asked who wrote that, and I told him about your blog. He said, "She's got it figured out."
I said, "She's been doing it a looong time"
He said, "It shows. It gives me hope"
lol!

Master and I had a good laugh over that looong time bit. We know we're positively ancient. Sometimes it feels like the "lifestyle community" has moved on into some sort of realm that we just don't recognize -- leaving our poor old, creaky bones in their dust...

That "ancient" status brings with it a lot of experience though. It means that we've got years under us and between us. It means that our lifestyle choices are grounded in years and years of LIFE experience. I don't know if years equate to wisdom, but there are times when I look around and see drama and angst and know that there is something to be said for the slightly calmer waters of these elder years.

Too, in some ways, this part of life is less complex just in general. We are not actively parenting anyone anymore. We are shepherding older parents, and that isn't a piece of cake, but we are not caught between parents and children these days. No need for us to wait until the kids go to sleep, go stay at a friend's, or head off to camp. We can play in the living room if we like and there's not a problem.

So... I know there are some "little old ladies" who might have taken exception to the implications of doubleknot's comment. I don't have an issue with it. I think she meant it to be positive and admiring and respectful, and I'm flattered and gratified. I am increasingly aware of the inevitable aging of my body, but my heart and mind and spirit feel younger than they did when I was slogging through my 30's. I am most happy to be a kinky old lady.

swan

3 comments:

  1. Impish17:48 AM

    Now there is a good argument for keeping a little meat on the bones! Perhaps I'll cut the amount of weight I was hoping to lose in half. :-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impish -- you are right. It is a disturbing picture isn't it?

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pilland -- Thank you for the swan! How neat is that?

    Welcome to our place. I hope you come back againd.

    swan

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.