Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

3/17/2006

Someones to care for me

In 51 years of living, I've never had anyone take care of me, like Master and T do. I have always had to do the taking care of. It is my natural instinct and first move and absolute assumption.

These last few months have been hard. Between feeling crappy and facing the loss of my job (and potentially my career) as my school closes, I've been an absolute mess. And I am not good at asking for or accepting help or support. I simply go inside and try and tough it out. It is the pattern of a lifetime. I don't expect that anyone will be there, and so I don't look for it. Still.

Then... A new teaching position appeared. Wonderfully. A really good one. That is a much better match for my talents and style and personality. There have been some issues in terms of salary, but we've figured we could work with it. I have wanted this spot so much, but the negotiations have been sort of tricky. Master has been right there -- coaching and advising and cheering. And T has been pulling for me and rooting for me and waiting with baited breath for the final word. I have never, ever had anyone to care for me like this.

Today, I have accepted the new position. I am thrilled. We are thrilled. It is good. And I am in tears for how well cared for I have been through the entire ordeal.

swan

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:27 PM

    swan, that's really terrific news, I hope things start improving for you.
    Hugs.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. just one big .. great big..

    YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "baited breath".....

    Man! Maybe I DO need to change the mouthwash!

    Geesh!
    T

    P.S.
    The phrase actually is "with bated breath," not "baited," although since the words sound exactly the same, perhaps the English language itself is ultimately to blame.

    And now, the truth, which is actually pretty simple. The word "bated" is an aphetic, or clipped, form of the word "abated," and means "lessened or restrained." In other words, to "wait with bated breath" is to hold your breath while waiting for something to happen. Although "abate" is a fairly common word, virtually the only place you'll find "bated" these days is in the phrase "with bated breath." And that, I promise, is the whole story.

    .....T, now steps down off the stage to shocked expressions that she actually is not only silly, but sometimes smart! AND a smart-ass, as well!! But all joking aside, I am DAMNED tickled and thrilled to pieces that Swan has a position that is suitable to her considerable talents AND that she will now be able to relax and enjoy this year with her "wolves"

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Swan!! I hope the new position is everything you hope. I'm so very very glad to see good things come to you. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:55 PM

    congrats Swan...I am so happy for you :)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:27 AM

    How fantastic! Since my mother, my sister, and our Liz are all teachers, I know what a difference it can make to have a position that fits you.

    Congratulations a million times!!!

    (and sorry I've been mia for so long)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.