Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

4/03/2006

PMS?


OK. Math lesson. Take 51 and subtract 13. Multiply by 365.25. Then divide by 28. If you do that, you will come up with about 459 menstrual cycles over the course of my lifetime. All those bouts of PMS. Somethings, if you do them often enough, long enough, regularly enough... well, a body remembers.

Now, ladies and gentlemen, I have no earthly reason to be having PMS anymore. But you couldn't have proved it by me this weekend: lower backache; tender boobs, and pissiness that would have gotten someone killed if I'd had a gun handy. Lucky damn thing that I tend toward the pacifist side of things!!! Maybe it is that there are still tendrils of estrogen floating through the system. Maybe the endocrine system is more widely proactive than we thought, and refuses to give it up just because some lunatic with a knife yanks a few errant organs. Maybe it really is cellular memory that just simply KNOWS that it is THAT TIME of the month, and surgical interventions be DAMNED!!!

At any rate, there wasn't very much that didn't hack me off this weekend. I was "bent" over pretty much the whole state of the universe. Feeling crappy didn't help. The sweeter than syrup cooking chicky on T's cooking channel made me want to murder someone with a spoon. The fact that there were "family" festivities to partake in did not make me feel all warm and fuzzy. That the whole bloomin city was abuzz with joy and excitement because our esteemed President was coming to town to throw out the first pitch at today's opening day game for the Cincinnati Reds baseball team just made my hackles rise. That Master found some perky chick doing a podcast on poly that He insisted on playing the whole time I flew around like a wild woman, trying to get everything crammed into entirely too little time yesterday afternoon made me want to cram His laptop into some anatomically improbable places. Well, you get the picture...

Added to the fact that I ran smack into some new territory on my road to post-hysterectomy sexual functioning that I wasn't prepared for and wasn't expecting on Saturday morning (maybe another post -- maybe), and I was dropped right back into wondering why I ever agreed to the damn surgery in the first place. Nevermind that there really were no options. And yes, I know that the medical realities were that I was way more medically compromised than I knew or realized at the time. Still, it sucks and I'm pissed and not happy and scared and freaked out and wishing it would all just get magically fixed like right now.

There.
Done.
Pout.

swan

7 comments:

  1. Less a rant than more of a confession. I bet you hate to be controlled by these rampant hormones.

    Wishing you the very best. Thanks for your excellent, thought-provoking comment over on my blog.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. swan.......if anyone is entitled to a good pout you are!! so go ahead and enjoy it.......

    morningstar (owned by Warren)
    http://wtsubbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. I have no ovaries.
    Yes. Perhaps a confession.
    Most definitely a full on pout...
    Who knows if the general purpose awful mood could be in some way the utter and complete crash that comes when the system runs completely out of the last bit of estrogen, and I am only looking at the calendar and equating the feeling with PMS?
    I know the doctor recommended an herbal phyto-estrogen supplement when I started having a few, now and then, very minor hot flushing episodes a few weeks after the surgery. It is, unfortunately, a brand of the stuff that depends largely on soy, and my system does not cope well with it. So I have just in the last day picked up another variety of the stuff that I used to take years ago, and that I know I tolerate much better. Perhaps that will help... I most sincerly hope so.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  4. My whole life I've suffered from bad bad bad PMS - my boss refuses to talk to me 4 days a month! I was really looking forward to menopause (well not looking forward to it, but you know what I mean)

    Now I gotta face the fact that all the bad stuff might not go away?????

    My deepest sympathies. ma had a hysterectomy - I remember the pain she went through. I hope tihngs get better and some of the remedies mentioned above help. I've got nothing but virtual support to offer.

    All this time and it took a PMS post for me to de-lurk.

    love the blog btw.

    cuddlybum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, cuddlybum. Glad you joined in. I doubt very much that you should extrapolate from my experience to yours. Just as each of our lives are different in a zillion ways, I suspect this path is different for us each one, too. I suspect that I am just a chronic whiner in this realm if the truth be known... still pissed as hell at the whole business (truth be told).

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Given that a woman's cycle isn't controlled by the ovaries, but by the pituitary gland, yes, you can have perfectly timed PMS for a bit, given that those hormones still get dumped in your bloodstream on queue...

    Without feedback from your ovaries, it'll swing out like a pendulum in about a year.
    (Biology being the most inexact exact science possible.. (Although most of us butterfly-catchers blame it on Quantum, nowadays ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, Grumblin -- that is hardly comforting in the short term

    swan

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.