Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

8/22/2007

Glowing Like a Horse


They say:

"Horses sweat, men perspire, and ladies glow."
Believe me, as I have worked these last few days, preparing my classroom for the return of my kids, I have glowed like a Clydesdale! Ours is an 87-year-old school building with lots of big, tall windows and high ceilings. There isn't anything even remotely resembling a cooling system in the place. We all drag in our fans, but it is really an exercise in group fantasizing. We just all agree to imagine that those humming, spinning blades are causing it to be cooler in the saunas which will soon be teaming with hot, sweaty, youngsters.
Still, the desks are all arranged. The textbooks are laid out neatly, waiting to be passed out on the first day. The bulletin boards are all up. I have a neat little "fish pond" complete with a fountain and some water plants and a dozen hungry gold fish. There's a place for all the plants and animals that will hopefully come to live with us as we study life science through the year. The math materials are all out and ready to go. The classroom library is all neat and tidy. The shelves are straightened. The students' mailboxes are all set up. My desk is organized. The first week's handouts have been run off. I am ready...
Now all I need is a roomful of children!
swan

1 comment:

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.