Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

6/16/2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!

7 years ago today, (Sgt. Pepper Taught the Band to Play”…oops! I digress) I married the love of my life. It hasn’t been a normal marriage to most people’s standards. But it has been a much more that I ever thought it could be.

We were floating in the pool around 10pm when Tom said “Wanna get married Saturday?” We had been engaged for awhile and neither of us was in any great rush to be wed, since we had been together for a few years already. I was shocked. “Married??? Saturday???? THIS Saturday???” I asked. Then he explained that a city judge was going to marry people for free, if they just showed up with license in hand. I told him we didn’t have enough time to pull anything together and he laughingly agreed. The next day, at work, my co-worker asked me if I was getting married the next day. I was floored. What was the deal? Some big cosmic event happening that everyone was out to get me hitched? I told her I didn’t have time; we didn’t even have a license. She said that the 2 of us had been through so much and deserved to be happy together, forever. She suggested I look into what it would take….I called Tom and said “Wanna get married tomorrow”? HIS turn to be shocked. Turned out, we could get a license. We could pull together a suit for him and a dress for me. I could find flowers, champagne, and a sugar-free cake. And on the HOTTEST DAY OF 2001, I married Tom. We were without family that day, but as we came out of the room, people up and down the halls congratulated us and hugged us and wished us the very best. We suddenly became part of an extended community of well-wishers.

7 Years…. We have had our moments. Trying to blend me into a family who was not very enthusiastic in the beginning. Coping with health issues, work schedules, moves, life and death….we have been through it all. And we have our Swan.

Life is good. I found the love of my life when I thought I was done looking. And it is really, really good.

Happy Anniversary, my Bee-Bee. Here’s to many mores and mores.

T

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you all. I love reading about your family and the love and caring you all have for each other. I am sure that seven years ago you had no idea of all that would be in store, but you knew that you would face it together. What a lovely benefit to have Swan in your family as well. ((hugs)) to you all.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary !!!!! (said with the warmest feelings possible)

    BUT

    being me...... and you know me T...

    you call Raheretic "Bee-bee" oh that brings out the cheekiest in me.. oh dear lord.. i will behave. i will behave.. i will behave..

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pleasure it is to be able to say, "Happy Anniversary," to the two dearest people in my world! The family that you two made, made a place for me. You didn't know that or plan that, but that is what came about because you loved so wonderfully.

    Happy 7th. Happy copper and onyx. Wishing you so many, many more years.

    Love, swan

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy anniversary to you both.

    Hil

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thanks to everyone. It has been a glorious ride, so far.

    And littleone....? Tom has always been "My Bee-Bee", a nickname that is a cutsie way of saying "Baby"..
    And everytime I say it, his response is "My Sweetie-Heart"...

    Not such a bad trade off, is it?

    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to all of you! Seven is a very lucky number! I'm glad to have found you all as friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your loving is very beautiful. Thank you for the tiny window looking in. *winks*

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.