Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

6/27/2008

I know that, for those of you who do not work in education, there is the notion that teachers have summer "vacations" that extend for months. It is true that I don't have to be back in my classroom until late in August. On the other hand, I tend to store up a long list of "projects" and things to do through the school year in anticipation of these long, less structured summer days. So, lest some of you are worried that I am just sitting here "eating bon-bons," here's a partial rendering of my summer "to-do" list:









  • Get Himself ready to go to work each morning (instead of leaving Him here on His own as I do throughout the school year)
  • Two week science teacher workshop/seminar (done)
  • Clean the carpets
  • Get a library card
  • Eye doctor
  • Leisure reading
  • Find a new gynecologist and make an appointment
  • File ALL the stuff
  • Volunteer work for Master's agency
  • Get the car serviced
  • Organize my science lessons in line with the new textbook I just got
  • Exercise (in progress)
  • Swim a lot
  • Organize His piles/collections
  • Get a colonoscopy
  • Get a mammogram (done)
  • Clean the patio (repeatedly to keep the creepy crawlies at bay)
  • Seal the new patio rockers
  • Re-seal the tile in the shower
  • Clean the refrigerator (inside and out)
  • Clean the oven
  • Plant some more of the garden (done)
  • Clean the pantry (done)
  • Clean the storage room (done)
  • Clean the garage (done)
  • Re-organize the exercise/junk room
  • Get my sore elbow (tendonitis) healed up (in progress)
swan

5 comments:

  1. I have a list almost that long on the fridge right now, and I only have the next 2 weeks to do them all in. Vacation? Ha!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. There's a reason they call it "slavery." I'd also like to make window curtains and paint if I don't run out of time, but that might be pushing it...

    Enjoy your "vacation."

    hugs, swan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teachers should be the highest paid job in the country...you folks mold the future...one mind at a time. Enjoy your summer and the satisfaction of your tasks done. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, your list looks just like a "normal" list. Where's all the kink and sex? LOL

    Your list could actually BE my list, except you have accomplished far more than I have.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice... kink and sex? Who ever said that slavery included kink and sex? Life is far too busy most of the time for any of that fun stuff...

    swan

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.