Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

4/08/2006

Of Scam and Reality on the Spanko Blogosphere

This Blog began at my directive to swan to post her thoughts, feelings, and experiences so that she would no longer feel isolated in her polyamorous, SM, slavery. She did it less than enthusiastically at first, but it wasn't long before she warmed to this task, and what with her beautiful written expression, created an enthralling journal of her life which developed a small following. In that her goal had never been to receive acclaim or disciples, but rather to get her thoughts out, and to find some sense of community, that was fine. She felt insecurity as well. She was approaching the passage into her 50th year and was experiencing women's health issues. She began comparing herself to the younger women she saw on the Internet, and to other Bloggers who were intent on being spankopile guru's. Early on she wrote a post about the absurdity of the Blog accounts in which everyone always had perfect sex, and in which spankings always resulted in blissful eroticism by bottoms who loved being whipped, paddled, strapped, and switched to whatever degree of excruciating severity, without ever having the slightest reaction of resentment or anger. She was sure that they were fantasies written by "wanna be's."

This lead her to write a post in which she compared the reality of our SM poly M/s life to the too good to be true accounts on Blogs like "A Creative Spanked Wife" which may be read through this link:
Time

The reference to "A Creative Spanked Wife" in her post lead that Blog's author, Patty, to write a particularly acerbic resentful comment on how swan had disrespected her "lifestyle," which she later came back and deleted from our Blog.

Imagine our wonderment when we learned Friday that it turns out "A Creative Spanked Wife" has been at best a several year long fantasy story sold to the world as reality and, at worst, perhaps a fraudulent scam. I'm sure the law enforcement folks who are apparently involved will sort out which of those are more appropriate as descriptions of what occurred there (if law enforcement is involved.....one would have to base their knowledge of what is now happening from that Blog, that is already discredited as a source of accurate factual information..............so who knows.)

We still have no desire to develop a following here........well, or perhaps more accurately, we do not write to attempt to "market" to a following. We appreciate very much that people read here and that some have become friends to varying degrees of intimacy. I can say that everything that has been written here has been honest. None of it has been fantasy (unless it was in fact the occasional description of a fantasy and, of course, was represented as such.) None of it ever has been or will be "made up." It is not mostly about spanking in that (unfortunately:) most of our life is not able to be about spanking. When it is about something more erotic or D/s oriented, it is because that was our recent experience.

I want to send my condolences to the spanko's who were taken in by this extended fantasy, and to those who lost money in the process. We know what it feels like to be strung along and to have your emotions played with for the experimental entertainment and edification of others, having fallen prey to that ourselves R/t in recent months. This will pass and you will learn and grow from it. I know it hurts. It will get better.

To patty at Creative Spanked Wife: Girl, you can write fantastically, your art work is truly professional, and I am sure it will be treasured as adult spanking erotica for decades into the future. It is hard to go forward when one has made horrible and hurtful errors. You are not the first human to have erred, nor will you be the last. Hang on. Get support where you can. I hope your future is not sacrificed in this. You like all of us have gifts to give the community.

"Real life is stranger than fiction," is not simply an adage. It is truth.

All the best everyone:)

Tom

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

6 comments:

  1. Well said

    Hugggggs


    SpankedMinx x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:00 AM

    A fair assessment Tom, thank you for that, I enjoy Patty's blog as I enjoy yours.
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:14 PM

    very well said...I too enjoy Patty's blog as I do this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:01 AM

    Thank you for posting this. It was neutral and compassionate even as it states truth.

    I must confess, I thought wryly reading Time, "Good instincts, swan."

    More importantly, the post was spot on. I have thought about the "kink" and where/how it fits in the overall scheme of my life. I've also wondered "how long" all this it will last, if it eventually goes away. That scares me, especially when I find myself with no time at all for any of this.

    Thank you both for sharing that post; I'm gratified.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Isn't it the great work that only counts. And not a couple of stupid people giving money she didn't even wanted ?Who cares ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:08 PM

    I'm still very bothered by the lies about scams. I never solicited money from any one. The closest I've come is putting my artwork on products cafepress products. One woman, NOT me asked for money for a memorial for my son. I asked her not to, I publically begged people to keep their money. Some gave any way. All $350.00 was given immediately to MADD. Since the in excess of ?$1200.00 has been given to that charity from my pocket. I've given much more to individuals I've met on line in this ommunity, from a new transmission for a 2001 Taurus, to close to 300 paddles, straps and tawses people said they wanted. I've sent Mackenzie & Child's majolica pottery, Launaberger baskets as thank you for being there gifts, and I've sent more "food for a week" baskets than I can count now to strangers who posted that kids or parents were in hospital.

    I came on line as a once loved bitch, who'd become completely alone, just needing friends. I changed the circumstances of my son's death. He wasn't murdered by a drunk driver, her killed himself. My misrepresentation prompted donations of $350.00. Every penny was given away and then some and I can prove it. There was no massive scam, and your partner was hardly accosted.

    You have the life I once did. You have the upper hand. Embellishing it to dimish me doesn't make you stronger. It just hurts everyone. I am a monster I know that, but I want this made clear, I did not scam or steal from any one, and I have given and continue to give both financially and creatively to the DD, D.s & spanking community.

    Praise be that Republicans are on the run.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.