Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

11/26/2006

Collar

The collar that I wear is both lovely and evocative. It is not, however, a piece that I wear to school. While I wear the BDSM logo medallion and the heron medallion that hangs on the same chain, everywhere, I remove the collar before I leave for school each day. It also comes off anytime I will be in a setting where wearing it might create "issues" for Master or for us (either in a professional sense or within the extended circle of our families).

Generally, I take care of the management of that. I take it off, and I put it back on. It isn't something that we talk about much. It simply is.

One of the things that began to come up for me over the last few months was the sense that it simply didn't matter. The mechanics of putting it on and taking it off seemed to be something that I attended to and that I noticed and that I cared about. I came to feel that if it didn't matter to Him, it probably was just a silly game I was playing with myself. It really came to seem that He didn't notice whether I wore it or not.

There was sadness and exhaustion and a sort of giving up that I knew I shouldn't have given in to, but I fell short of what I ought to have done. So, in time, I simply stopped wearing it... for about a month, maybe a little more.

Then, about two weeks ago, He asked me about it: "Where is your collar?"

I told Him the simple truth -- where I had it stored, and why I'd stopped putting it on.

He was not cruel, but He was decisive and emphatic. I would wear it at home and He would insist upon it. I'd remember who I was and to whom I belonged. It mattered. Of course, it mattered.

I've worn it exactly as I should since then -- exactly as both of us want. It is, for me, a tiny thing that brings me joy and peace and calm.

swan

9 comments:

  1. 4-in-1 semi-byzantine.. Simple and elegant..

    Could be me, but with the medallion it'd be more a matter of "and-and" than anything else where "appropriateness" is concerned.

    All the gods past and present know that with modern "bijoux" being the tackiness it is, something simple like that can be an elegant statement with a low neck dress or top.
    But then again, that kind of stuff is probably a wee bit more common over here in europe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:42 AM

    i must envy your collar swan, as it was also the intention of Master and i, when the time came, to have a dear friend of mine knit one for me custom. Although, i don't see how your collar is obtruse, as i see it as a beautiful chainmail necklace and not as a collar at all. it is ashame that you have to remove it at all, although i do envy that you have one to wear. i too have been in your shoes once or twice, but not on the collar end of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:13 PM

    Wow, I can so relate to this. A while back, for some reason that escapes me now, I stopped putting my collar on in the mornings. It had always been my task, like you, to put it on before Master arrived. But at some point, I stopped doing it and He didn't object or approve either way. There it would sit, on top of my monitor, and I'd look at it and sigh every now and then wishing it was around my neck.. but somehow it didn't feel like it was right for ME to put it on anymore. He needed to.

    Eventually He did.. once.. though that once was a while ago. I miss wearing it, I miss the ritual of putting it on and mentally preparing for His arrival. But until He points out to me that He wants it there again.. *shrug* Like you said, if it doesn't matter to Him, why should it matter to me?

    - Taylor
    http://antisojo.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Swan,

    I’ve grown used to your grumbling about how old you are getting.

    Your picture just doesn’t bear you out. You have the complexion of a thirteen year old.

    Absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:25 PM

    i've enjoyed reading through some of your posts. may i add a link to you in my journal? you're welcome to come on over and read to get to know me if you'd like before answering.

    ~ toy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grumblin -- As usual, your kind words are much appreciated. If I wasn't entirely clear, I can more easily wear the medallions all the time because they are generally covered by the clothes I wear to school. The collar could be much more provocative, and I just don't need the aggravation. One of the things that this slave does is contribute to the family as a wage earner -- that needs to continue. So, I don't do things that jeopardize the teaching contract.

    nuala and taylor -- we all have these spots I imagine. It comes and goes. I know I try not to be needy, but the attention is part of what comes back to us for "doing" this. I should be more mature than that. Maybe another year I'll get to that one...

    jack -- you are entirely too sweet. Thank you!

    toy -- you are most welcome here, and we'd be glad for the link. :-)

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:18 AM

    swan... i know you understand my absence.. but still i apologise!!

    i went through a period of not wearing my collar either..mine is chainmail and very heavy.. somedays the heaviness would get on my last nerve... so i took it off and forgot to put it back on.. Sir was hurt.. and He made it clear... He took it away - AWAY - for a week.. i thought my heart would break... it is on again.. and though the heaviness still tends to get on my last nerve occasionally it doesn't come off...

    BUT i do believe it is a whole issue far greater than just being heavy or forgetting to put it on... i believe sometimes it is important (when one follows all sorts of little protocols and rules) to have them noticed in some way or other.. appreciated.. so that they don't become routine and done only by rote....

    ugh i am rambling.. and mostly about the direction of my mind.... sorry about that...

    i am glad Thanksgiving came off without a major hitch for you all.... what an adventure you go through to get Thanksgiving served :)

    and i am glad you are back posting.. i miss you when you are silent.. though i understand the need for silence...

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:43 AM

    Swan,

    I just wanted to thank you for posting this. I did show Master the post and my comment, and it opened up a wonderful conversation for us. I am now wearing His collar again and feel sooooo much better.

    *hugs*

    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:25 PM

    Hi Swan,
    I've been reading your family's blog for some little while now. I thought I'd de-lurk and say thank you to all of you for sharing a bit of your life.
    May I link you to my journal?
    Your collar is beautiful!
    mel

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.