Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

3/02/2012

Q&A Month

I understand that March is Q&A month.  That has been true over the years.  I've never participated in that blog community activity, and I am a little hesitant to open myself up to it this year...  However, I am also wishing to come back to some sort of more "natural" feeling connection to this place and the people who read here.  It feels like I've been fighting just to survive; just to breathe; just to hang on for a long time.  Maybe now that the storms have passed us by, it is possible to just relax and talk about the things that feel normal again (and yes, I do know that applying the word "normal" to all of us in the lifestyle is a bit of a reach -- but that is another story).

So.  Deep breath.  Ask.  I'll do my best to answer.

Sue (swan)

5 comments:

  1. What kind of music do you enjoy?

    What's the name of movie you can watch again and again?

    Do you ever feel let down, only to realize your expectations were too high?

    Answer any or all you like!

    Hugs
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mouse! Thank you for getting things started here, and thank you for going easy on me :-)

      Music -- I am not a fan of Rap, Hip Hop, Country, or Opera. I like early rock and roll and the various ballads from the 60's and early 70's. I'm inclined to listen to James Taylor more frequently than most other people. When I'm alone, I enjoy the music of Jack Gladstone (someone that very few people will know much about I imagine). Unless I am home alone and working to clean house, I tend to keep music turned low because it interferes with my ability to hear(I'm deaf on one side).

      Movies -- There are a few movies that I'll watch over and over and over given half a chance: The original television version of "The Wizard of Oz," "Dirty Dancing," "True Lies," "October Skies," "The Princess Bride," and "Priscilla Queen of the Desert."

      Expectations -- I am a first born child and a chronic over-achiever/perfectionist. I tend to high expectations for myself, for my students, and for my relationships. People don't always seem compelled to "live up" to MY expectations. Imagine! That tends to surprise and puzzle me -- I'm not sure that I actually end up feeling let down. Maybe I've just lived long enough to realize that no matter how I think it should be, other people will do what they do and the world will likely continue to spin through space.

      Sue (swan)

      Delete
    2. Great and interesting answers...had never heard of the singer you mentioned, Gladstone but googled him and watched some of his stuff on YouTube. Very nice!

      The movies, specifically the last three mouse will have to check out...

      Funny about expectations, mouse feels much the same, the world will spin regardless what they do. There are a few subjects that mouse is always amazed that O is the polar opposite of mouse's own views. Once she even asked him, how can he so smart and actually believe ___. It didn't go over very well...lol.

      Thanks so much for answering,

      Hugs,
      mouse

      Delete
  2. weirdgirl7:23 AM

    You are throwing a dinner party for eight guests...who would you invite and why? (no temporal limitations - persons alive or dead)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why?

    (it's a philosophical question)

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.