Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

11/06/2007

An Interesting and Varied Set of Comments...

I am, generally, dreadful at replying to comments left here on the blog. I hate doing those sort of "thank you for being so nice," kind of trite sounding nods that most of my responses end up being when so many of you invest the time and energy to put your words here in answer to something that I've written. This time, however, I am feeling supported (as I so often am), encouraged, and intrigued by the various reflections that have come back in response to the last post. So, I'd like to just talk my way through the whole set of comments...



littleone said...
you hadn't written in so long i was going to email you.. but i was so wrapped up in my own world.. i kept putting it off.. i hope you will forgive me for not checking in...... i honestly and truly hope that His control and your desire will bring you all back to the road of imagination once more.. you know i am here and supporting you through every bump and bruise and stumble (even if i don't always write)......... morningstar (owned by Warren)co-owner of drakor

5:44 AM



Nothing to forgive, my friend. I check in, and seldom find words to offer on your adventures these days. I hope you understand. I am simply speechless, honestly. Not "put off," but surely left without much to offer that seems valuable or useful. Oh -- I did spend some time with a Domme in Denver who taught me some interesting CBT tricks. Perhaps, should we ever have the opportunity to actually connect in person, we could show you how those work?

As for the bumps, bruises, and stumbles on this end -- I have dragged my feet and flailed and caused a good deal of the stumbling. Still, even as clumsy as we've been, we've traveled this far together, and we've learned along the way. We've been most grateful for your support and that of your Sir. The number of friends who have stayed with us through all of this is not large. So you are all the more precious for your steadfastness. Know, please, how very deeply that is appreciated...


Tangerine Tease said...
Swan...you are so intensely complex. I want for you to live the life of your dreams, whatever that life may be.I believe in the love that I see around the three of you. I see it making a path and unfolding before you saying "This is the way. Follow me...."Lots of hugs from over here...
1:14 PM



Tangerine -- "Complex" is one way to name it. Synonymous for "difficult" or "challenging" or just plain old "a pain in the neck." I made a lot of promises as I came to this. I never did promise to be "easy." There are times when I think He finds the complexity of my thinking and my mental pathways. Of course, there are other times when I am quite sure He would cheerfully throttle me -- or at the minimum, beat the living daylights out of me for being so utterly opaque... Thank you for all the good wishes -- especially when I know you don't entirely understand some of what your "Klingon" friends are up to half the time ;-)


Carrie Ann said...
Ahhhh, Swan...Such a beautiful post.I can utterly relate and found myself smiling toward the end.Sometimes it takes that utter destruction to find the right path again.I'm glad you guys have and wish you the best of luck staying on it with your feet firm and your hearts light.A friend of mine always said "Cara, this D/s shit is not an easy walk thru the woods at dawn. It's a fuckin' goat path with ruts and turns and holes you can fall into. All you can do is stay on the path no matter how hard it seems and trust that it'll take you where you want to go".So true, I've found.I wouldn't trade it for an easy hike, though. I bet you wouldn't, either. :)
1:19 PM



Carrie -- I am so glad that you have found your way to me and us. There are so few who actually "get" what this is all about, and I really value the companions on the path. I find your "goat path" analogy intriguing, but then I often find the pathway imagery to be useful as I talk and think about this whole business, and this is surely no "garden path." So thank you. I am most grateful for your company.


Anonymous said...
does T ever get a look in?



My inclination is to ignore this. However, against my better judgement, I will try to address it in some part.



Polyamory creates multiple relationship dynamics. We have the large family dynamic that exists between the three of us. There are also pair dynamics between each set of two of us. Master and I engage in an M/s relationship, while Master and T practice a D/s power exchange dynamic between them. The relationships are specific and unique and distinct. The M/s that He and I engage in has different parameters. We understand the differences. We know what those are, and we respect and support that for one another. I don't know exactly what the question is meant to imply. I suspect that it is "antagonistic" and intended to be negative. That aside, the nature of the M/s dynamic that Master and I are involved in impacts the two of us, although surely, the health and vitality of our basic foundational relating has reverberations within the family. Insofar as that is true, T does surely have an investment. If He and I are at odds, the whole household is going to be tilted.

wandering traveler said...
dear you 3,you have been on my mind. what a challenging passage! right to the very growing edge. i sincerely hope that each of you find your heart's truest expression.
7:12 PM

Traveler -- Maya Lin says it: "To fly, we have to have resistance." If that is true, then this family must be getting ready to take off and soar, don't you think?

swan

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:19 PM

    Maya Lin says it: "To fly, we have to have resistance."

    what an excellent quote - thank you for sharing. here's to flying! and here's to you all ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post on 22/10 touched me in a way, I planned on emailing you. However, I never did with the thought 'what do I know of polyamory'. Now reading your response on all commenters, I know I didn't need to withdraw. My compliments! I really hope you will walk up hill from now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and most of all what do I know of a M/s relationship ..

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.