Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

7/02/2006

Oh Good Grief!!!

Well.
It seems the problem is testosterone.
I don't have enough "bioavailable testosterone." Its tricky actally. You can measure testosterone in the blood, but some of it binds to albumin (a protein), and some binds to SBHG (Sex Binding Hormone Globulin), so that it isn't biologically active.
Seems that testosterone is the thing that makes for sexual arousal, response, and libido in women.
Mine is roughly half of what it should be.
Levels can be driven down by estrogen replacement therapy.
Go figure.
The prescription Estratest (which was what the surgeon/butcher had me on) has a testosterone component, but testosterone breaks down in the gut, and isn't absorbed well that way. So, I've been wasting time and money trying to supplement that way. Unfortunately, there is no other FDA approved delivery system for testosterone for women.
So, we have to go "off label..."
Which means, I'm going to be "paying for sex" (after a fashion).
I have a prescription for Testim Gel. It's normally prescribed for men with hypogonadism.
Women aren't supposed to get anywhere near the stuff.
I'm taking 1/10 th the dosage that would be given to a man.
The package insert says: "Don't apply to your penis or testicles." I'll try to keep that in mind.
There's also a warning that says that if I get an erection that lasts longer than four hours, I should seek immediate medical assistance... Not sure how I'll figure that one out...

Good Grief! I'm sure that at some point this is all going to seem funny. I'll let you know.

swan

3 comments:

  1. I hope this works well for you. At lease you have some knowledge and a plan of action.

    - Engima

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANG! Does Tom know about your penis and testicles???? I think I am going to hide out on this side of the condos with my drugs until he gets over the shock! Where have you been hiding them all this time???

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it works. And that you don't start to grow said appendages!! Not to mention the beards and hairy legs.

    Oh Lord....

    I REALLY hope it works!!!

    cuddlybum

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.