Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

7/10/2006

Pink "Girly" Shoes

I stand 5'-11" tall. Today, that isn't all that remarkable -- there are plenty of tall women, and the typical model is tall and willowy. Growing up when I did, however, being tall was definitely not cool, and I most often stood out all alone in a sea of short, perky, "cute" little girls. Too, through most of my youth and adolescence, I towered over most of the boys and young men I knew...

I learned early on to minimize my height as much as it was possible to do so. One of the things that was just not part of my wardrobe vocabulary -- ever -- was the high heel shoe. If there was one thing I did not need, it was to add yet more inches to my already towering frame. So most "girly" shoes were just never on my radar screen... Flat, sensible, comfortable shoes were just my fate, I figured.

All through all the years of my marriage, I stuck to that dictum. My husband wasn't "short" technically, but he was shorter than me by just a bit. It wasn't something we talked about, but I just "knew" that adding to that differential wasn't something that he would welcome, so I kept the heels short and it was never an issue (exactly).

Now, I belong to a man who is truly "tall." And that is true even though He stands a fair bit shorter than I do as you might measure it with instrumentation. The reality is that the differences just simply do not matter. To Him or to me. His complete confidence in Himself, in who He is, makes the matter of height simply irrelevant -- something that neither of us ever considers or notices.

That stature on His part has given me a simple gift -- I can indulge in wickedly silly, fru-fru, glamourous, girly shoes!

So, this September, when my son finally takes the plunge and gets married, the mother of the groom will be decked out in these...

How scrumptious are those?

swan

7 comments:

  1. The right pair of shoes can just really brighten one's day can't they? Those are too cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swan, have fun.
    Hugs
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing!

    I'm 5'10, and I know what you mean about always being taller. That said, I do my best not to care, and I think you'll look wonderful in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do I get joy from shoes?

    I just do not get it.

    But I am happy for you. And your words about his confidence and his stature are such truth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I coulda written this post! (except that I'm slightly shorter than you are)

    Those are great shoes, and now I'm intrigued to see the dress that will go along with them.

    I had gotten to the point where I actually asked guys who were only a bit taller than me if they minded me wearing heels. If they did, I would think "hmmm". Kind of an early warning. My B loves me in heels, even the 4 and 5 inchers, and it's so nice to not have to crunch my spine, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Honey, No. No, no, no, no.

    Sorry, but I must be honest. I should take you shopping!

    Do you just have hideous and disgusting feet? Is that why you want to hide them in these shoes?
    I am sorry. I am being very rude. I really am sorry, but I have to tell you that these are ugly shoes.

    You have been away from heels and that is terrible. Get into some good shoes now that you can. You don't have to go high. I love mid-heels shoes and they can be super for a taller woman. They can be just as sexy as high heels and maybe more appropriate for your son's wedding.

    Get a good pedicure and get some strappy sandlas to show off your feet and toes. Don't cover up your toes!!!!

    I am really sorry if I am rude, but I spend lots of time fixated on female feet and shoes and I have to tell you that I don't like these. And I am NOT one who likes stripper and whorish shoes. I like pretty and glamourous shoes.

    Are you near a Nordstrom's? If so, call them and get an appointment with a "personal shopper". It is a FREE service. Yea, FREE. They will help you pick out a great pair of shoes. Try it - it is a free appointment with an expert.

    I would love to see a picture of your feet if I have not completely alienated you.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.