Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

2/12/2008

And not gone...

He didn't sleep much last night. He wasn't terribly sad or unhappy or grief stricken, but He was simply awake at about 2:15 this morning.

Overnight, we had what, for Cincinnati, constitutes a significant snowfall, and at 5:39 this morning, my phone rang with the news that school was cancelled for today. What a wonderful gift. With the window coverings opened, and His head cradled on my stomach, we laid together in the early morning darkness, watching the storm, while I gently scratched His back.

In the quietness, slowly, I began to be aware of a sparkling blinking in and out of my vision in the corners of the room, up near the ceiling. I watched it come and go, winking in and out, glimmering in the early morning dark. When it became clear that the phenomenon was actually really there, I whispered to Him, "We have a sparkly."

"What?" He asked.

"A sparkly," I replied. "We have a sparkly. I think it is your Mother."

That brought tears, and then wonderment, and then a quiet, joyful, awe-struck conversation with our blinking sparkly. Of course, the firebrand that was His mother WOULD manifest as a sparkly. How delightful!

Eventually, as the morning lightened, the sparkly faded from view, but it was a wonderful way to start our day.

swan

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:48 PM

    Dearest Beloved Swan and family;

    First of all allow me to send my sympathies and bright blessings to you all in this time of loss. i am quite familiar with loss of family lately, including those that had lived long and fulfilling lives. i have also experienced my share of "sparkly" returns as well. i firmly believe that the spirituality of our loved ones will send us well wishes before wandering off, only to return to check on us periodically. To you all, i send my well wishes, best thoughts and a happy Valentines Day to you all as you enjoy your lingering winter and the tears you will share as the months go by.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.