Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

4/05/2009

Awwww...How Cute is That?

This morning, Master wanted to relax in bed and watch the Sunday morning talking heads. He was bemoaning the fact that the one drawback to our bed does not adjust up and down in the same way His hospital bed did, and wasn't that just a darned shame...


We have one of those TV backrest pillows. We don't ever use it for that purpose. It has become our "spanking pillow" and we keep it in the bedroom, so that it can be turned over on its face and I can lie over it for whatever He has in mind at the time. But, right now, there's no spanking going on. We're only two weeks post-op for Pete's sake!

So, I grabbed the pillow, and took it over to the side of the bed where He was resting and held it out and smiled sweetly. I figured it wasn't going to turn the bed into a magical, adjustable hospital bed, but it might make it more comfortable for Him to lie there and watch His shows.

He looked at that pillow and He looked at me, and He said, "awwww, Honey, I'd love to, but I just don't think I can." I kind of just stood there blinking stupidly for a couple of seconds, not quite getting what He was saying, and then it dawned on me -- "Oh no, I just meant You could lean on it for watching TV..."

We both got a laugh out of the silliness of the whole business. He got propped up and nice and comfy, and we went right on. It points to what we can't do just now, but it also reassures that we'll find our way back to it in time as the healing and recovering progresses. In the meantime, it is one of those moments that I'll keep close because it is just "cute."


swan

10 comments:

  1. Well... they may have removed part of his stomach, but it's good to know they didn't remove any of the spanko from his brain!

    (chuckling)

    jojo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the spirit was willing even though the flesh is weak. :)
    sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW! How wonderful is that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impish111:11 PM

    Now that does make me feel all warm and fuzzy. One of those memories you take out and play back when you need it, mmm?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a picture for the 'memory album'!!

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh lovely,yes definitely one for the memory book.
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:22 AM

    Funny name, they are called a "hubby" ...short for husband....my grandmother had one....hmmmmmmm

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:30 PM

    I'm so glad to hear you guys are back home and recovering well. As for that pillow thingy...well, we have one in the house. It is in one of the kids rooms. I may have to take it back since the child doesn't use it...lol.

    carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad everyone is home. Hoping for a complete and speedy recovery. As a former home health nurse I found patients did so much better once they got home.
    Wishing you all the best
    Ciao
    I Gal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:24 PM

    yeah, too cute! lol glad He's home! Sir's pet

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.