Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

4/06/2011

Conjugation of the English verb to spank


After a 5 1/2 month long hiatus, during which He and I have had nothing going at all in the SM realm, things have begun to revive.  This week, we've made a beginning at resuming the sadomasochistic ground of our relatedness.  It feels fragile and tentative, but good.  We are switching with one another.  I spanked Him on Monday night, just a bit and very lightly -- and He spanked me last night (a good bit more intensely).  I wish I had something profound to offer on the occasion of our "rising from the ashes," but this conjugation of the verb, to spank, is the best I can offer:

Indicative

Simple present

I spank
you spank
he spank
s
we spank

you spank
they spank

Present progressive/continuous

I am spanking
you are spank
ing
he is spank
ing
we are spank
ing
you are spanking
they are spanking

Simple past

I spanked
you spank
ed
he spank
ed
we spank
ed
you spanked
they spanked

Past progressive/continuous

I was spanking
you were spank
ing
he was spank
ing
we were spank
ing
you were spanking
they were spanking

Present perfect simple

I have spanked
you have spank
ed
he has spank
ed
we have spank
ed
you have spanked
they have spanked

Present perfect progressive/continuous

I have been spanking
you have been spank
ing
he has been spank
ing
we have been spank
ing
you have been spanking
they have been spanking

Past perfect

I had spanked
you had spank
ed
he had spank
ed
we had spank
ed
you had spanked
they had spanked

Present perfect progressive/continuous

I had been spanking
you had been spank
ing
he had been spank
ing
we had been spank
ing
you had been spanking
they had been spanking

Future

I will/shall spank
you will spank
he will spank
we will/shall spank

you will spank
they will spank

Future progressive/continuous

I will/shall be spanking
you will be spank
ing
he will be spank
ing
we will/shall be spank
ing

you will be spanking
they will be spanking

Future perfect

I will/shall have spanked
you will have spanked
he will have spanked
we will/shall have spanked

you will have spanked
they will have spanked

Future perfect continuous

I will/shall have been spanking
you will have been spanking
he will have been spanking
we will/shall have been spanking
you will have been spanking
they will have been spanking

Conditional

Simple

I would/should spank
you would spank
he would spank
we would/should spank
you would spank
they would spank

Progressive

I would/should be spanking
you would be spanking
he would be spanking
we would/should be spanking
you would be spanking
they would be spanking

Perfect

I would/should have spanked
you would have spanked
he would have spanked
we would/should have spanked
you would have spanked
they would have spanked

Perfect progressive

I would/should have been spanking
you would have been spanking
he would have been spanking
we would/should have been spanking
you would have been spanking
they would have been spanking

6 comments:

  1. So all those tenses have special names? It's no wonder foreigners find English tenses difficult to master. I'm glad I didn't know about that when I was at school, our English grammar books didn't mention it. I've even got a TEFL qualification without ever knowing all that. In my opinion, only one little part of it all is important, one five-letter word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously evil grin happening here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ordalie12:55 AM

    @Malcolm
    I quite disagree: when you have a good grammatical basis in your own language, English tenses don't scare you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With each scroll down, i laughed more and more.
    HSxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are starting to make your way back. I know too well that it can be both hard and scary.

    You caught my attention with the phrase "the sadomasochistic ground of our relatedness." As he sadist says of D/s and our own relationship - this is how we work. The earth between our feet becomes unfirm when that is gone.

    With warm wishes for future happiness to all three of you,

    o.g.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impish18:31 PM

    You're right - that is perfect and progressive. Now, let's all get to it!

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.