Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

5/29/2006

Guily as Charged

MasterABD commented as follows on the last post --

"If you are aware you own nothing including the Sir to whom the greeting was intended, then you should also realize being it is not your computer, the person on the other end of yahoo is going to be thinking "hey yahoo is password protected". As such there is no reason to assume it would be anyone except the intended recipient. Perhaps turning yahoo off would be the answer.
By the way, what makes her a BIMBO? It would seem a bit of jealousy is in place!"
Sometimes comments come along that are just comments. Sometimes comments come along that generate further comment. Sometimes comments come along that trigger whole streams of thought -- that are more complex than can be easily or simply addressed in the comment format. This is one of those.

I'll begin with the end of this comment, that perhaps there may be some jealousy at play here.

I am.

Jealousy is not, as many tend to assume, a failing or a character flaw. It is an emotion that arises to a greater or lesser degree in a given situation for each individual. It may also be evoked by different stimuli. There are those who believe that those of us who practice polyamory do not deal with jealousy as an emotional reaction. That is not the case. We simply learn to approach it openly and with honesty.

Further, I understand fully that I am in the care of one of the very best, brightest, most talented, most gifted Dominant men around. I am jealous of His time, His energy, His health, and His emotional well-being. He is generous and giving to a fault. Not only does He give of Himself within the lifestyle, He does this in His professional life as well. Many, many people depend on Him for their very survival. His willingness to give, to extend Himself, to expend His time, talent, and energy for others is amazing, admirable, awe-inspiring -- but not always wise from a perspective of self-care. He can, by times, be almost innocent in His willingness to trust. So, I am jealous. I am also protective.

It is easy, within the lifestyle to believe in the "evil, predatory, sadistic Top." It is harder to imagine that there are also, "evil, predatory, masochistic, bottoms." They exist however. This lesson was learned here within the last year, and it was devastating.

It may be, that in time, the BIMBO may get what she is so desperately fishing for -- the opportunity to meet "Sir." If that happens, I'll play whatever role is designated for me in the event. AND I will watch carefully, because she has already demonstrated a lack of basic good judgement and sensitivity. She has proceded with no awareness of the territory into which she has entered. She lacks vision of anyone but herself. Perhaps she is simply without imagination. Or perhaps she is something more insidious... He will play. I will protect.

So. I am watchful. For those without any sense of manners; without grace; without breeding; without class; without appropriate boundaries. I defend the edges. I do not own, but I do patrol the borders. It does not take wealth to behave with integrity. It does not take great education to learn the common courtesies. It is not difficult to understand that one who claims the title of "Master" might at least introduce oneself before presuming to judge or correct. To do less than this is simply Appallingly Bad Deportment.

swan

7 comments:

  1. beautifully said swan!!!! i do believe you put in words what has been in my heart for a very long time........ and i am tired (TIRED !!!) of being labelled because i protect .. because i am leary of pushy bimbo types that invade with no "by your leave".......

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a firm believer in jealousy and protection from the sub. Personally I think in a way it's part of my "duty" in a way to create a warm environment for him to live in, and one that doesn't include pushy bimbos, even though everything is ultimately up to him.

    And as something of a side note I've been reading some of your past entries and really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:09 AM

    Well said swan, exactly so, courtesy counts, a lot.
    Hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:57 PM

    ug...i know this person you mention and just looked around his blog...just ug...delinked...

    talk about out of line comments.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. tulsa, welcome. I'm glad to see you here. Nice to meet someone new. Glad you understood my "meaning" about that protection angle to this. Of course, He has the final say in the direction of things, and it is true that He sometimes thinks my move to protect is overblown. So be it. I'll take that chance. He has the input at any rate. Far better that than for me to see the potential threat and not say anything. Master's are human after all. For us to simply assume that they see everything and not offer our insights and wisdom is to withhold our skills and talents simply because someone without any understanding might choose to criticize. I'll not handicap myself or my Master in such a foolish manner.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear morningstar, paul, and anissa -- as always, it is good to know that when I get my "hands-on-hips" schoolmarm proper face on, and start going on about MANNERS, there'll be some who will absolutely get it. I have what I consider to be the good fortune of having come up in the public scene, where folks simply insisted that people learned a bit of etiquette along with the business of learning how to take a beating. It just isn't enough to call your self "LordMaster LittleBittyDick" if you don't have enough operational brain cells to say "how do you do," and then ask permission before messing with someone else's property. Anyone who's been around for more than a little while is going to know you are a wannabe with a self-endowed title. Where I come from, we called it the "ewwww" factor.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:40 PM

    Just stumbled upon your site, and truly enjoyed reading it. To feel protective should be second nature, at least I would think.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.