Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

5/25/2006

Swan Nest



A cursory bit of Googling will get you the bare facts:
Female swans will aggressively defend their nests from any threat. Swan wings have a very hard front edge that can be used to hit predators. If the predator is killed, the swan will not eat it.

Information that may be of interest to the person who keeps popping up on Yahoo Messenger on the home computer everytime I sit down to do my school work. That sappy "Hello, Sir," greeting is going to get the predatory, wannabe submissive person "not eaten."

I understand that it isn't "my" computer. I know that I don't OWN anything including the Sir to whom the greeting is ostensibly being directed. I'm perfectly clear about my place and my status, but that does not change the simple fact that there is the simple matter of courtesy involved here. If this BIMBO doesn't have the common good sense and pure decency to ascertain who might be sitting in front of the computer she's sending her fishing messages to, then she deserves whatever might happen to her.

Walking blindly into a swan's nest is just plain stupid. This one qualifies. Grrrrrrrrr.

swan

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:32 PM

    Great swan, you tell her, a riled swan can be dangerous and should be avoided.
    Thank you swan, I'm fine, you have been in a lot of emotional pain lately, and I haven't known what to say, in that case I think it wiser to say nothing.
    However I visit every day and I'm sending you positive thoughts, hope that it helps.
    Hugs,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Here along the CT River, the swans are indeed a force to be reckoned with....we all learn to treat them carefully....you go girl....

    Bo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:13 AM

    I was bitten by a swan once, I still think they are beautiful and still I reach out towards them :)

    magdala~

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...If the predator is killed, the swan will not eat it....

    DANG! And I was all set to hunt down the "Bimbo-on-the-Barbie" cookbook I got at a garage sale a few years back....

    Geesh, swan, there ya go, suckin' all the fun out of MY Joan of Arc Memorial Day cook-out, ya witch!!!

    T, who will now have to go find another "white" meat to roast...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, swans are dangerous and beautiful. I'd love to be able to identify with such a creature....

    can understsand the territorialness - but I'd be more like minionette adn have a LOT of fun with the bimbo!!!

    cuddlybum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:28 PM

    I have to agree with Minionette,

    If you are aware you own nothing including the Sir to whom the greeting was intended, then you should also realize being it is not your computer, the person on the other end of yahoo is going to be thinking "hey yahoo is password protected". As such there is no reason to assume it would be anyone except the intended recipient. Perhaps turning yahoo off would be the answer.

    By the way, what makes her a BIMBO? It would seem a bit of jealousy is in place!

    Just some observations from a new onlooker.

    -MasterABD-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:43 AM

    I don't know about the Heron clan yahoo, but this poly family does have a yahoo ID for IM that is a group ID as well as individual ones. When logged on as the group ID, it could be any one of us and I know that I would prefer that someone addressing it make sure they know which party they are addressing before starting out with something so casual and intimate.

    My yahoo also pops up by itself when the computer is logged on, I am not sure I even remember the password much less risk turning it off and not being able to get it back up again. I set it to invisible instead. Then no one bothers me.

    magdala~

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.