Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

5/23/2010

Travels and Adventures

We are here ...



"Here" is Cape Hatteras in the Outer Banks off the coast of North Carolina.  We've drove just about 15 hours, and tucked in to a cute little apartment in a tiny little town called Buxton late on Saturday evening.  We found the only place within driving distance that was open after 9 PM and had a nice dinner.  Today, we are looking forward to exploring the area and walking the beach together. 

We will not be attending Master's eldest child's wedding.  We have been disinvited.  His plan to wear His kilt created a huge uproar -- she even threatened to "out all of us and this blog" to our various employers.  Even as Master made it clear that, a simple "please don't wear the kilt" would have sufficed to make that the reality, things escalated to full on nastiness, replayed adolescent rebellion and angst, and a clear articulation that our unacceptable and disgusting family was not welcome at the event, and having us present would ruin "her perfect day."  Interestingly, our various wedding gifts do not seem to cause her any distress, and she does not seem to feel that there is any sort of integrity issue in keeping those.

The whole business has been disturbing.  I think we've all been a bit stunned, and uncertain how to respond to such vitriol and hatred.  We were unable to cancel our reservations at such short notice, and so we are here.  It is an interesting and very different environment than what we are used to.  We will take the time for ourselves and enjoy the break from our intense and demanding routines.  There are beaches to be explored, and a lighthouse, and a unique local culture.  Next weekend, when we would have been obliged to attend the wedding reception nearer to home, we are now free to attend what promises to be a fabulous concert featuring James Taylor and Carole King.  We will make our lives just as we have until now -- good and full and rich and loving.  And today, as the hour for the scheduled wedding approaches, we will ask the universe to rain down all that is good on the angry young woman who will be the focus of the festivities.

swan

12 comments:

  1. seeing your picture made me realize how much i miss the ocean.. the quiet tranquilty of it... the ebb and flow of the tides... the soothing sense of well being..

    i am glad you are all there together.. even if this holiday is tinged with a bit of sadness...

    thinking of you all.. :)

    morningstar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you all are having to deal with one more issue in your lives, but I am happy that you are all together in a beautiful place. As you always do, I am sure you will support each other and enjoy your time together.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:08 PM

    Wait, Tom's kids know about your blog? Did you guys tell them or did they find out on their own?

    And why did she wait until the last minute about the kilt?

    That was always my nightmare, my family finding my blog.

    ~~A

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ex found my Blog a about a year and a half ago, I think. I suspect she turned my daughter onto it. (I screwed up and emailed her from my Raheretic address and not my vanilla address, and we spotted her at the Blog on statcounter almost almost immediately.) My daughter would have it that she was "just wandering the Internet and came across it." Yeah, right, if that's the case I'm buying a lottery ticket.

    Actually I want to win the lottery. I'm ready to buy property here and retire to Hatteras. This place is beautiful.

    Tom

    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:29 PM

    I screwed up twice but escaped detection; once leaving my kink identity on a vanilla blog and once the other way around. I deleted and blocked before anyone could track me down. Scary. Another reason why I took down my blog and why I don't typically even use my old blog name anymore. Especially with Blogger, which remembers *everything* and is far too "helpful".

    Anyway, you are not alone; I know several people who had family find their anonymous kinky blogs. None of them had just "happened" on the blog out of the blue; in every single case, someone had either snooped on their computer without permission, or the blogger had made a mistake, like you and me.

    In any case, I think it stinks when people find someone's blog, it's obviously private and not meant to be read by family and they read it secretly. Like reading someone's personal journal.

    Even if someone left their journal right out in the open in their home, I would *never* presume to read it.

    I've read the other side of the argument "don't put your personal business in public blogs if you don't want it read" but I disagree with that.

    I accidentally found my daughter's online new mommy board she belonged to when she was pregnant. When she first joined the board, I asked her about it and wanted to read but she said, no, it was private. Nothing against me, she said, and I believed her, we are extremely close but she just wanted to vent there and know I wasn't reading her. I totally understood.

    But one day she used a term I was unfamiliar with and I asked her where did she get that term? She said it was a running joke on her board, so I googled the term and ooops! The first hit was her board and she was in the thread!

    I backed out in a hurry, did not read her comments, just saw her name, cleared my browser history, told myself to forget the existence of that board and forbade myself to ever go back there.

    And I didn't go back. Not once. I'm damn proud of myself for that, too.

    So I know damn well if I ran across a family member or friend's blog and it was clearly private or I had not been invited, I would either leave and never go back or tell them right away I'd found it so at least they would know. And if they wanted me to stay away, I would.

    I hope one day things between you and your kids will resolve and heal. I'm sorry you had to go through this. ~~A

    ReplyDelete
  6. allie6:04 PM

    I love the Outer Banks! Hopefully you will be able to have a peaceful time there and enjoy the beauty of the seaside. When I saw you were in Buxton...I immediately thought of a restaurant that I visited there with my family. The Fish House.

    I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very sorry and sad about your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Without a doubt, as she gets older, she'll grow in goodness and find maturity in tolerance.

    Take care of each other and enjoy your lives.

    slave freya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why it is always the I-am-the-expert here, let me tell you what you did wrong passive aggressive bullshit always come from ANONYMOUS.

    It's soooo easy to read a little bit of writing and sum up the entire situation. Amazing really.

    Nosy bits of crappers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:21 PM

    hey, "Anonymous", Tom said that all they had to say was "please don't wear the kilt" and he wouldn't have.

    So it wasn't the kilt! Geeze...

    ~~A

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impish15:05 PM

    I'm so sorry. It's amazing how much adult kids can hurt or how selfish they can be. There must be a lot of pain in that child. I'm afraid she will have some awkward explanations to make. I hope she matures enough for marriage.

    I hope you have a lovely vacation; it looks like a beautiful place. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had time to linger here a bit and read some posts I haven't had the chance to of late.

    Just sending you some ((hugs)). It looks like the beach is agreeing with you if the latest post is any indication. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.