Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

5/13/2007

Caning

A very long time ago, when He and I were only just beginning this journey together, there was an intricate game we played for a very long time around the whole idea of caning... When I was newer to this, the thought of being caned scared me half to death. It was, of all the SM forms of play that I'd experienced at that point, one of the most evocative.

I've come, in the years since to embrace the cane -- when I'm in a headspace to embrace anything at all along the masochistic curve that I follow. Here lately I seem to be back there again.

It might be that partly I'm stuck hunting for a way to replace the really nice cane that we broke a few months back. The replacements that we've found have just not been IT, to tell the truth. Serviceable, I suppose, but disappointing in terms of quality. So last night, as we sat watching another miserable outing by our happless Cincinnati Reds, I was cruising the Internet for ratan canes. Not an altogether unsuccessful effort either, although the question arises as to how much we are willing to invest in the beastie...

And then there was a difficult night. Long story. Nightmares and broken sleep and uncertainties.

This morning I came up into a fragile and tender place, facing the mostly inevitable Sunday morning session. Willing, of course, but unsure of my sturdiness.

He read the signs and was casting around for what would be "good." He asked, laughing, if I was in the mood for a "little light spanking," and we shared a laugh. I grinned at Him and allowed that I was uncertain that our spanking scale extended that far, that I was of the belief that the "light" end of the spanking scale was somehow missing. And the conversation hummed on for a bit... Turning after a bit to that time, almost six years ago, when He caned me for the very first time...

Which led to this morning's caning. Which was not at all like the first time. I wasn't actually sure that I was "into" caning as He began, but very quickly, as He tap, tap, tapped away -- with rapid fire strokes, I could feel a fire building in my butt surely, but a heat elsewhere too. By the time He had started to up the ante with some really sharp strokes that were raising welts, I was riding the wave and feeling the power that comes from a good session that brings its own sexual tension.

By the time He'd finished building the fire, I was more than ready to go. We galloped off into a joyous bit of lovemaking that left us both gasping.

I do like canes. I do like canes. I do, I do, I do like canes.

swan

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:56 AM

    Might I recommend Hanson's Paddles (now known as Hanson's Paddlwerks)? I've used Hanson's for almost 10 years now. Their rattan has never failed to please me, although I take the raw rattan and treat it with water, coat with marine varnish and then tend to them every year or so with a new wetting.

    They can be found on the web, or if you'll be at IML this year, they are a returning vendor.
    http://www.hansonpaddle.com/

    Regards,
    EO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing this post. It gives me hope that i also can get over my fear of the cane and learn to embrace it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EO -- we actually have some Hanson Paddlewerks "canes"... You can read about it here:
    http://theheronclan.blogspot.com/2007/04/sticks.html

    They are of a quality that I think John Hanson would find sad and pitiful. The cane we are trying to replace is one that we purchased a couple of years ago at Thunder in the Mountains. It is a lovely piece that was linseed oil treated, beautifully finished, with a nicely done handle. It has traveled with us all over the place and been a cherished part of our toybag ever since we bought it.

    We are, I'm sure able to buy unfinished, raw ratan from a number of sources, including Hanson, and do the work of finishing it ourselves. What we are seeking is something DONE already, to compare to the one we had. There must be one like it out there somewhere. Actually, we probably have found the equal to our damaged one -- at Adam and Gillian's. It is just that it will likely cost a small fortune. So, the conversation is ongoing.

    At any rate, thanks for your input. Always nice to have you with us.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  4. this girl -- if there is one thing that I've learned about all of this, it is that the path leads to new experiences. What I thought I knew, and would NEVER embrace at one time, I now see entirely differently. We make the path by walking it. I wish you great learning and great joy as you walk the path that will be uniquely yours.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:55 PM

    swan,

    My apologies - I am a newcomer to your blog and hadn't read that entry. I've not had any issues with Hanson's untreated rattan, but then I like to do my own. It's a similar feeling as doing my own auto repairs, my own work around the house - it's a connection I guess.

    We will be attending Thunder this year. I'm looking forward to listening to Laura again, I always enjoy her talks.

    Kindest regards,
    EO

    ReplyDelete
  6. EO, no need to apologize. Perhaps,what with swan's growing affinity and affection for canes, her pride of ownership might grow were she to undertake her own treatmet finishing and decoration of some, for use on her lovely bottom.

    In that we have come to possess several "sticks" of raw rattan, she might undertake to treat and finish them herself as a summer craft project. swan is a teacher and her summer break from the school year and graduate school will begin in about 4 weeks. As she lounges about those languid summer days (this is an inside joke in that she often seems to be busier in the summer than during the year, what with one thing and another)she could lovingly caress her/our "sticks" with linseed oil and varnish, and a neatly wrapped handle that could enhance them to becoming worthy of the title "canes."

    Would you be kind enough to share technical information with us based upon your experience, for the appropriate care, feeding, and treatment of "sticks" during their evolution to cane satus?

    Thank you for responding and for your interest in our
    Blog.

    All the best:)

    Tom

    Go conidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:07 AM

    Tom,

    My humble knowledge is very little, compared to someone using linseed oils and rubbing it in on a daily basis - although the picture you paint is an extremely lovely one!

    My blanks come already sanded, so I have very little prep work on them. I'll make sure there are no splinters or loose areas - I have received blanks that had cracks or imperfections that made them unusable.

    I soak my cane blanks in a small bucket of water for a day, allowing them to draw up the moisture. I think, if I remember my training correctly, what you're doing with the linseed oil is similar - providing moisture to the rattan.

    I then apply a light coat of marine varnish to them - the marine varnish provides "flex" where polyurethane would crack and chip. I usually need about two coats of varnish and I sand the first coat to ensure a smooth surface.

    My last step is to use a cloth to rub and "shine" the varnish.

    I used to create a twine handle that was coated in black tool dip, but I've been looking for a reference on how to create a leather handle.

    About once a year, I'll sand down an end of the cane and allow it to soak up some more water for a day to keep it supple. I'll revarnish the end.

    I'm curious where you get linseed oil at? Is it something I've just walked past in the local hardware store?

    There's something about doing it myself that makes it a personal tool. I enjoy my other implements - I have a flogger that feels like an extension to my arm when I use it and I have other tools that I feel very close with. There is just something about a cane that I've made myself that just is extremely personal and private - like I've spent time with it and made it grow.

    Kindest regards,
    EO

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.