Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

5/07/2007

Why I Hate Bob Deegan

A very long time ago, before I was even a glimmer on the horizon, He met a woman with many, many years of experience in the lifestyle as a Dominant. He was newly liberated from His marriage at the time and into what He views as a fairly prolific and random spanking phase of His life. She took Him under her wing, evaluating Him as somewhat more enthusiastic than skilled, and endeavored to give Him some technical training with a variety of implements. He tells how His first outing with a flogger resulted in the demolition of a nearby lightbulb in a table lamp. One of the assignments He was given was to practice turning light switches on and off with the flogger until He could reliably do the "lights on -- lights off" thing. T reports that, when she first met Him, all the walls around all the light switches were routinely black with flogger marks...

I owe that long ago Lady Dominant a huge debt. I can attest that He CAN hit my ass with a flogger. Every time. Without fail.

Along the line, He and we've attended dozens of workshops and listened to I can't even begin to count how many lectures about how to do this and that. It is good to learn about how to do WIITWD from people with experience. I've spent a fair amount of time in dungeons and watched people work with singletails, practicing moving bits of facial tissue across the floor and using ink to make patterns on paper and all manner of other techniques to learn how to do it.

But Himself learned the basic use of the singletail from Bob Deegan. The good news is that watching Deegan use the single tail is like watching some kind of hybrid between a beautiful ballet and intense martial arts. He is awesome to see work. The bad news is that Deegan is of the opinion that, since people do not typically take pillows to dungeons, they shouldn't be practicing their singletail technique on pillows either. Gahhhhh!

What that means, in practical terms, is that every blessed stroke of the whip, for good or bad is aimed at my hide -- and every single stroke lands where it will.

I am not brave about the singletail. It scares the living daylights out of me. Sometimes, I can be fascinated by it, in that nutty way that is the wired part of being masochistic, but even that is still deeply tinged with real fear. I want to be "good" about sessions with the whip. I want to stay where He puts me, and I want to behave in the way I know He expects of me.

It is terribly difficult. The "Deegan" dictate means that there is no way for me to have any sense of what is coming. I can't predict which strokes will fall where. I can't predict the intensity. I can't predict the rhythm. Every second of the encounter is a pure challenge both physically and emotionally. By the time we're 15 or 20 or 3o strokes in, I'm panicked, begging, hysterical, hanging on by shear will -- or not hanging on at all -- just begging, pleading, anything to be allowed the rescue that I cannot obtain except by His mercy.

Sunday was like that. We'd started with a "warmup," that I knew was leading toward the whip. I'd tried to "prepare" if that's possible to do. I'd gotten myself into position, holding onto "the fluffy" and thinking that I was in a pretty good place. But then the whip strokes began falling all over the place -- backs of my calves and soles of my feet and middle of my back. Randomness is harder, in my experience, than the things you can predict, and this was just wildly random. It didn't take long for me to hit the point of wild begging: "please, please let me go... please, please, please!"

I think it didn't go on too much longer, actually. Not nearly as long as it might have. He was kind.

We'll do it again. Soon. We talked. About what was so hard. About the need to practice. About how much I'd like to run over Bob Deegan with my car... About what I'd been fantasizing about when I woke up on Sunday morning -- which was not getting whipped on my feet (LOL). He said that perhaps, for the sake of practice, He might have me wear my leathers and that would protect most of me. Then it would be like a target that would only "light up" if you hit it. So maybe Deegan will survive.

swan

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:53 AM

    swan,

    For the ignorant among us (meaning me of course!) is there any way of describing the pain from the single-tail [other than "it really *%#$ hurts" I mean] and why that is so very different to the paddle or the cane? I am assuming here that (apart from the randomness) it is the pain that is the problem here?

    Regards,

    Sire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir and i took a whip demonstration/workshop as well some time back. i had a deathly fear of whips (which is a long story best not told here)

    Sir wanted a whip .. i was terrified He might just buy one and need a "target". The man Sir learned from sounds an awful lot like Bob Deegan.. He was artful to watch.. He gave all sorts of advise about measuring out the distance between the whip and the submissive.. he gave advise on always having the sub stand for the whip (so she could move forward if the strike was wrong in some way and thus signal the dom it was an "oooops" moment)

    i felt confident enough in both of us to actually purchase a whip for Sir for Christmas that year.. NOT a bull whip - no way.. but something called a circus whip.. a good bit shorter and so much easier to guide and predict...

    well .. when that whip lands as predicted it IS truly a thing of joy.. when it skips a beat and lands randomly - it is a beast.. an evil dark beast..

    so i have no idea swan how you bear up under the bull whip..... honest i don't. i continue to remind Sir (when He has one of His "I have to have a bull whip" moments) that there just isn't enough room in the house to swing a bull whip... (thank goodness!!)

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a few comments here:)

    The whip I practiced on light switches with was a quirt not a flogger. I'm not at all sure that that practice regimen would work for a single tail.

    The whip in question is a signal whip not a fully blown bull whip.

    When Sue talks about my errant strokes or wraps stinging her feet, she is kneeling on the bed with her butt sticking out with her feet immediately below her butt. While I am struggling to learn control, I am not quite as wild as it might seem if you aare inferring she is standing, and I am hitting her feet:)

    The whip, as you can plainly see, gets into her head. The sensation it creates is very "cutting." Evryone seems to feel they have been cut( which they usually have not been) when they are whipped, especially early on in their experience with it. That is why I think it is distinctive in sensation and effect from say, paddles, canes, and switches.

    We do struggle with this. We both are drawn to this implement with a strong erotic attraction, but not often. This particular whip is a black snake 16 plait signal whip she had custom made for me (an investment of over $350.00). It is extremely sensual at a variety of levels. The whip is an implement that requires significant skill and practice. You can't pull it out once every four months and expect to suddenly be a whip master. Perhaps, I'll make a summer project of becoming proficient with it:)

    I have suggested that I'll put her in her chaps with nothing underneath (a look i've always particularly....ummm......
    edifying:) with her leather vest on top, thus the only skin exposed to the fall of the whip and its tip would be her lovely bottom. Then there would be no randomness for her to worry about and she would know precisely where to anticipate her experience of each lashes' effects.

    It will be interesting to see if that alleviates any of her anxiety or focuses it even more specifically:)

    The life of a SM bottom partner slave is not all roses, it is stripes too:)

    All the best:)

    Tom

    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm... Yes. Thank you, Sir, for getting to this set of queries for me this morning.

    The imagery is sometimes difficult to convey entirely in language, so the clarifications are good... and it is true that this whip is evocative and provocative for us both on many levels. As to the experience of it, it does create a sensation that is like being deeply cut AND simultaneously burnt. The two together are wildly intense. When that physical reality combines with my inherent fear and the randomness of the falls, it ratchets the experience of the session up into the stratosphere for me.

    I think the other part of a "whipping" that differentiates it from most other forms of impact play is distance. Every other implement allows for physical contact between us. He can touch and stroke and hold me when He paddles or straps or canes me. With the whip there is the necessity of that five or six feet of space. I am much more aware of being "on my own" with the whip, and that intensifies the fear and anxiety a good bit. It is a lonely experience for me.

    Still, with all of that, there is something seductive about the whole business, and one that, now that we have entered back into it, I am sure we will not give up on easily.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:13 AM

    Thank you both swan and Tom (and morningstar too) for those illuminating repsonses.

    If it is not too impertinant for me to do so, I wanted to respond to Tom's comment on caitlin's blog yesterday - I found your comment most moving and uplifting (even though it was obviously directed at someone other than me!). I know that swan and others have also offered their kind thoughts and advice, but I found Tom's comment particularly moving. So I wanted to say thank you.

    I apologise if this is inappropriate here, but I have to say I'm never quite sure of the "blog etiquette" in such a situation:
    a) is it in some way rude or intrusive to respond to a commentator rather than the blog owner?
    b) should one respond on that blog or the commentator's blog?
    c) if the commentator's blog, then more than likely the matter will be "off-subject" and potentially unwelcome!

    Dear me, how can I get into such a dither about such a seemingly simple matter! Anyway, thank you Tom.

    My best regards to the three of you and I am glad that swan is apparently back to good health.

    Sire

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never experienced a single tail, so if you all lived closer, I would bravely offer to be the subject of at least one practice session, if only to give Swan a break ;)

    Since my husband has never been inclined to practice on non-Shasta objects, I know something of the pains of 'randomness' during beatings.

    Take care you two :) Sorry I haven't commented in a long time, although I assure you that I read regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stiletto Girl, the last time we were able to interact you had not evolved into Shasta Gibson on here. I happened by your Blog just the other day and noted that you have this new identity. I like it.

    Now I am wishing more than ever there were greater proximity between us all.

    It is good to know you still check on us. I enjoy periodically keeping up with the on-going adventure that is your life.

    Thanks for saying Hi.

    Tom

    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tom,

    It pleases me to know that you still stop by from time to time :) I am glad that you approve of my 'new persona'. I felt that becoming Shasta Gibson made my blog sound a little more 'grown-up' as it were.

    I can't for the life of me remember where ya'll live (not to mention that I am attrocious at USA geography) but I am going to be moving to the Toronto area, if that is any closer than Alberta, LOL. Somehow I think that it's probably furthur away (just my luck).

    At any rate, thank you for the reply to my comment :) Much apprecaited!

    Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  9. ....psst....

    Bob Deegan is sexy...

    T

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shasta --
    It's a kind offer, I'm sure. However, since I've spent the better part of the last year and a half battling to get back to the point where I could joyously participate in SM play (both physically and emotionally) I really don't NEED a break. Thanks anyway.

    He, of course, will always take on all comers...

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sire, thank you for the kind words. I am not sure there is an accepted Blogger etiquette. I sometimes respond to people's thoughts in comments on their Blogs. I occasionally feel like emphasizing something and post a reaction to something in another Blog on this Blog. When doing that, I ask swan to place a link in the Blog Post to other Blog so the reader can follow what I'm reacting to. (I don't have the computer skill to do that myself...and don't have to learn....I have a slave:)

    shasta, I think that you are currently about 2000 miles from us and will come to be about 500 miles from us once you are relocated.........certainly way closer, but not likely we will be able to drop by to share a cup of tea. Good to hear from you again.

    All the best:)

    Tom

    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tom,

    Closer is better :) You shall be the first to know when I eventually manage to wander south into the states. I've not done much traveling south in the US, so I intend to do a lot of it once we are in the Toronto area.

    Swan,

    I know :) It has been quite wonderful to see you getting back to your previous state of enjoyment. I'll admit my offer was less about savin your hide and more about indulging myself :P LOL. I will admit I am sometimes envious of you, due to the fact that my husband is mostly vanilla (he will play occassionally, but not as often as I might like) and my lovers have been rather non-kinky as well.

    Ah but that is an entirely different can of worms :) I shall live vicariously through you until such a time that I find someone suitable to play with.

    Take Care,
    Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sire,

    I'd like to respond to your comment (I hope Swan and Tom don't mind, my apologies).

    If you want to remark on a comment left by someone else on a blog, that is generally allowed. I know that Tom has quite enthusiastically gone a few rounds with a commenter on my humble blog ;)

    Comment boards are a place to encourage conversation. I enjoy it very much when my commenters start talking to each other about something I have written. That seems to be the attitude of most bloggers. Discussion is encouraged, not just with the blog owner, but with their readers.

    Just like I am doing here :)

    I have been blogging for around 5 years now, so I say this from my experience within the blog world (both kinky and vanilla blogs alike).

    Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:24 PM

    Tom and Shasta,

    I thank you both for the advice and shall feel emboldened to make such comments into the future. Though I shall have to investigate the technicalities of pasting a link within a comment - an excellent idea.

    Regards,

    Sire

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.