Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

6/01/2007

Coming up on Five

It seemed entirely sensible.

The logistics were formidable.

When, in March, the possibility of making the move to Cincinnati from Denver was something we were only just discussing five years ago, there was SO MUCH TO DO, that it seemed entirely reasonable that the move would take at least a full year to complete -- that there was no possible way that it would happen any sooner than the summer a year out from that spring (a minimum of 15 or 16 months, maybe longer). After all, there was a house to sell, and jobs to quit and new employment to be found, and family matters to be settled, and all the minor and not so minor details of packing and moving a whole house full of belongings.

I just never contemplated that that time window would seem inappropriate to Himself. After all, surely He understood the ENORMITY of the undertaking...

That was the way my mind was working five years ago, as I whirled around, still embedded in my old life, in my own ways, in a thinking pattern that was just about to change forever.

He and I had come to understand that we loved one another. He and I and T (and "He who Shall Remain Nameless") had negotiated the turbulent waters of our nascent polyamorous relating and made the decision to make our relationship permanent.
He and I had played together, and spent time together, and talked endlessly on the phone and online, and dreamed and longed for the day when we would be together full time. What we hadn't done yet, was contemplate the depth of our power exchange or where that would take us ultimately. At least, I hadn't really contemplated that part of it all yet. We just hadn't talked about it specifically.
So...
As we chatted that March evening and the conversation came around to WHEN the move was actually going to be accomplished, it seemed to me completely within the realm of sensible to suggest that I teach one more year there in Denver while we work out all the details and make preparations to move a year and some months later in the summer following. There was hardly an eyeblink before the words came back across my computer screen with a definitiveness that I had never "heard" before, but that I would come to recognize:
"Do you think we are going to live forever? Get here this summer!"
That was it. That simple command changed my life and my world forever. I never questioned, never expressed to Him how simply impossible that would be, never waivered. I just went to work, and got it done.
That's how, on a June 6th afternoon five years ago, I arrived in my new life here. It was the end of a marathon of preparations, and months of waiting and longing, and a the culmination of an awfully long drive and the feeling was giddy and breathless -- and then, there He was, coming up the sidewalk with a bouquet of roses in each arm -- one for T and one for me.
It amazes me and delights me and fills me with wonder that the years have flown by so quickly. So much has happened, and yet there is a part of me that feels as if I only just got here. I find it hard to imagine it has been so many years. I wouldn't take anything for a single day of it.
swan

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:16 PM

    Congratulations, love and best wishes now and always to all three of you. Yes, you all deserve it. I stand in awe of the life the three of you have built together. I happen to prefer mocha chip over neopolitin ice cream but that doesn't mean that I like or respect those who like three flavors insead of two any less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy .. HAPPY .. Anniversary !!!!

    and may you all have many many more..


    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:48 AM

    Dearest swan;

    You and i have only conversed just briefly in my endeavors, but your situation then, makes for very close makings of the situation that i currently set in, although i am not the "mover."

    What advice would you give to someone in your shoes? Especially someone who is relocating not just within the US but someone who is relocating from Canada?

    Also, since the situation is slightly different (the significant other in her life is not aware of the relationships outside and is completely unaware of the plans...) is there anything you could say that might make this any easier for them?

    I have pointed them to this blog, but would love some advice to pass along. It's been two long years for her to be with her Sir, and I... well, I KNOW how difficult a move is and how sometimes even if you are not happy, to leave comfort and have change is not easy. I personally, would like to see her commit to a date....

    thank you for your time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! And may there be many more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a most beautiful anniversary and many, many more years filled with love and learning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:46 PM

    congratulations to each of you! what a wonderful opportunity to celebrate following your hearts and dreams. here's to many, many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very Happy Anniversary from both of us. We derive so much out of your blog and easily, it is the one we spend the most time discussing and pondering, thinking anew as we evolve and grow.

    Namaste

    TOH and mine.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.