Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

1/19/2008

Happy Anniversary! ... NOT

I was out reading my favorite political blog "Daily Kos" and came across an article that sent me to "Think Progressive" and THIS


Anti-choice group mails plastic fetuses.
A “right to life” group in Wisconsin is “under fire” for mailing an “informational letter, a fundraising envelope and a small plastic fetus ” to 44,000 people. According to Wisconsin Right to Life, “the plastic figure represents an 11- or 12-week fetus” and is meant “to mark the 35-year anniversary of Roe Vs. Wade.”



Well, All I can say is "THANK YOU!" What a wonderful anniversary present for the masses. How thrilled I would have been, as a parent , if that little tinkle of joy tumbled out in front of my child as I was opening my mail!

I am aware there are people out there who think THEY have the right to tell me what I should do with my girlie parts and what and who should be housed within, but DAMMIT.... The very few hairs that live on the back of my neck are at "ATTENTION"! I have never been able to have kids of my own, but still support a woman's right to chose her own path. Just because I do not think abortion would have been my choice, that doesn't mean I would deny anyone that option.

But to casually drop a pink plastic fetus in an envelope as a "gift" to prompt you to support their cause, makes me want to gas up the car and head to Washington!

Roe vs. Wade is done. It is old legislation that almost every legally responsible mind in the country has said will be left alone by the Supremes. Why can't they just take their plastic fetuses and go play in their own sandboxes?

T

5 comments:

  1. Aww aren't they precious. It's not the first time I've heard of something like this but it always makes me pause and check what year it is.

    Best to you,

    magdalena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie, it is just good to have you post here. We get so many folks who imagine that somehow you are just not part of the family or given short shrift somehow, because of your lack of presence here.

    Obviously, we who live our lives with you know how ludicrous that is, but for those who only relate to us via this medium, you can see why they might wonder.

    I am so glad to see you here.

    Mores & mores,

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah right... Like anyone who knows me would think you could keep me hidden and quiet if I really wanted to be out there!
    ::: insert dramatic eyeroll here :::

    I work 4 days a week, 10 hours a day with a headphone on my ear, typing on a computer. The LAST thing I want to do is come home to the computer, too.

    When I have something to say, I am here. But when I don't? I am around. I read everything, respond sometimes.

    I am not hidden, I am not abused (although I do have a bruise on my arm that none of us seem to be able to account for!), I am not mistreated in ANY way.

    Thanks, so much for any concern, however misplaced it might be. Now I will go back to TAKING DOWN THE DAMNED CHRISTMAS TREE....since I finally received permission from Himself.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:51 PM

    On the DC Metro, they now have "Myth vs Fact" ads that say things like "Even pro-choice lawyers admit Roe vs. Wade was based on questionable legal basis".
    If we can just get to the election already....
    ~ Auor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:57 PM

    At my college (which happened to be Catholic, but not extremely forceful about it) we had a "Wellness Fair." There were several anti-abortion booths. At one booth they had little plastic fetus' at various stages. A woman basically shoved one in my face when I walked by. All I could think of was how difficult/traumatizing that may be for someone who has had an abortion. I was appalled that these "Christians" could do something so thoughtless and, in my opinion, spiteful.

    Sorry, rant is over :)

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.