Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

1/26/2008

My Story

I was born a poor black child..... (insert phonographic needle scratching vinyl here) ..... oops, that's someone else's tale. I digress....

Tom and Swan will tell you that I am the "baby" of the clan. Yet, some days I feel I am ancient. I have been on the planet for nearly 51 years. I was born in southern CA, the product of a "good girl" and a "naughty navy man". We relocated to SW Ohio when I was young and I had a pretty uneventful childhood, teen-time, and young adulthood.

During college I started working in restaurants. I worked my way up to management and became a "headhunter" of sorts. My company would send me into non-performing units, I would scope out their potential, I would report back and they would relocate me to that spot to get the job done. I was never in any one spot more than 9 months. I would evaluate, fire, hire, train, bring the unit back to the black and headquarters would send me to the next trouble spot. I had very little personal life, as I was working between 60-80 hours a week. And as soon as I would start making friends, it was time to leave. But I had books, and a vivid imagination and wondered if there were other "freaks" like me out there. I found a few, but having little personal time, and the fear of discovery kept me in my books.

Then computers became more readily accessible. Oo La La! I got my first All-in-One PC back when 14,400 was LIGHTNING SPEED! And I found Prodigy. And I found PERVS! And I found that I was not the only freak on the street. I spent HOURS online. I spent untold hundreds of dollars on dial-up, pay-by-the-minute chat with like-minded persons. And then, after about a year of just talking to these people that I had never laid eyes on (remember we didn't have any cameras on our PCs yet during the dark ages), we all decided to....... MEET! I about puked. I was going to die. I just KNEW these people were all going to be JUST LIKE the pictures of the BDSM people in the magazines. And I was not. The men were all going to be tall, dark, handsome, commanding, and drool-able. And the women were going to be ...... Perfect Submissives. You know the ones....the "Perfect" ones. We have all heard about them. (Yes, please insert dramatic eye roll here!) So I went.... and they were all just like..... ME! Some were tall, some were short, some were thin, and most were fat. A few were georgous. A few were not. Most were average. Most did not have these magical toy bags full of wonderfully glorious toys than cost an arm and leg. Many had home-made goodies. Golly, I fit right in. And it was wonderful!

I was publicly out in the scene about 7 years before I met Tom. I had never been collared. I had never been married. I pretty much had give that all up. I knew I was a good person. A good family member and a good friend, when needed. And then Whims told me about this guy who was moving close to me. He was seperated, changing jobs, lonely, and needed a friend. She thought I would be perfect. Whims, being the Uber-Domme, "strongly" suggested I email Tom.... I forgot. A week later, she asked if I had (of course, I hadn't) and she "forcefully" requested I email Tom..... I forgot. A few days later she tracked me down and told me "Get out of the chat room and WRITE TOM, DAMMIT!"... I wrote Tom. We met halfway for dinner and spent over 4 hours talking. We closed down the restaurant, and the rest is history.

I almost died before we could get married. I developed a fever and tummy problems that would not go away. They put me in the hospital and called it diverticulitus. No food, no water. Antibiotics and settle the intestines. A week later they started food again and I went home. With the fever and tummy problems returning. I was to have a colonoscopy and Tom was at an evening meeting the night I was doing the "prep" (gag). I got sick about 2/3 of the way thru' the jug-o-crap and crawled into bed. Tom came home, called the Dr. and was told to not worry, just bring me in the next morning for the procedure. The alarm went off, I got out of bed and fell to the floor in pain. Tom dressed me and practically carried me to the car. My intestines had ruptured, I had peritonitis, and a temperature of 106. They scheduled me for surgery, pumped me full of morphine, and from that point to approx. 10 days later, my memories are what Tom has given me. Apparently I had MRSA and was given very little change of making it. They removed 8 inches of my colon. I had a temporary colostomy. I was in intensive care for 6 days. I was in a private room for another 8 days. Tom slept in a chair alot. And the few hours he was home, he was online, and he met Swan.

When I came home, Tom was busy with home IV's 2 times a day and sterile dressing changes for the open wound I was sent home with. I slept alot. I didn't work for almost 6 months. But I got better and I learned that Tom had made some amazing new friends while I was sick, who supported him when I could not. "He-who-shall-remain-nameless" and Swan.

Friends. Cool. I like Friends. And within our lifestyle we had many friends. Tom likes to spank and I could not handle the intensity he preferred, so we had "Stunt-Butts". There were a few women that just wanted to be spanked. No relationship. They were no threat to our life together, they just wanted a good beatin' occasionally. Worked for everyone. And after I was sick, I was just not able to handle any sort of spanking, so having the "Stunts" made perfect sense to me.

As I said before, I slept ALOT. And when I was sleeping, Tom was either on the PC or phone with Swan. And they were growing closer. I was still thinking "friends", but, looking back, I am sure they were not. And when it was finally brought to my attention that it was more than "friends"..... I was stunned. I was scared. I was crushed. I figured, because I had changed (by no fault of my own), he didn't want me anymore and was looking for someone else. Tom reasured me that this was not the case, but it was hard to get my head around. Tom still loved me to pieces, but he loved Swan, too. And what if the 4 of us became a family? WHATTHEFUCK????
Yeah, I was not the "happy-go-lucky" T you see before you. I was a pain in the ass! I dragged my heels. I dragged EVERYONES heels. Poly "rules" say only go as fast as the slowest member of the group? I was damned slow. But I was honest. He-who-shall-remain-nameless was not. And that made for a sucky year.

I know that Swan is often beseiged with concern that she has taken Tom from me. She can only take what I am willing to give. I think that our lives work. There are times that we get our fur up and I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing. Walking on egg shells over things will just make it more difficult to put issues to rest.

I think that there has been alot here about Swan's concerns about Tom talking to others. I think she is scared that he will find someone else and not have enough room for her. I have to say, that I honestly feel nothing could be further from the truth. Tom likes to talk. We ALL know this. He likes to share his expertise. And he LOVES to spank. We used to have 2-3 regular "Stunt-butts" and an occasional "Drop-in-Stunt". But he only spanks Swan now. Swan's ass couldn't take all the beatin' Tom would like to dish out. Let's face it, Sweetie, as we grow "more mature" our skin thins, and the tissue on your butt won't take it!

Swan and I are here to stay. WE are Sisters. WE are his wives. It takes a village to raise a Dominant and WE are Tom's "Village". He might "look". He might "talk". He might "spank". BUT he ALWAYS comes home to us. And he ALWAYS sleeps with Swan tucked under his chest, close to his heart....just as it should be.....

T

5 comments:

  1. A Rare T post!!! As rare as a, well... Blue Heron sighting!

    The three of you have something very special, but there is no doubt in my mind that you are the heart of the family. I think your presence calms troubled waters.

    I admire your loyalty, your honesty, and your killer wit.

    Let's have some more T!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting (to me at least) that this afternoon, probably as T was writing this piece, I was traveling back in my mind to those January days eight years ago when I fist began sending some very tentative supportive words by email to a very scared and very worried fellow by the name of Tom who's dearest love was fighting for her life in far away Ohio...

    Tom often talks about how T and I share a brain, and clearly, this day our thoughts are at least in some part tracking along the same pathways.

    You are, Sister, of course right about the love that is at the center and heart of things. I know. The rest is all just so much "stuff."

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:13 PM

    swan, it seems to me that you only tolerate poly because someone else was in the relationship when you muscled in. You entered an existing relationship and dear T accomodated you so isn't it time to "play it forward" and make space as has been made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous,

    Who are you to presume to know what and how we live our lives? Swan's fears are her's and my post here was to show that I shared them at one time. She never "muscled in". You are out of line.

    When you grow a name and stop hiding, maybe we can discuss this. Until then, BACK OFF!

    Maybe you failed to read the part that Swan is my Sister, my friend, my family, and as such I will not STAND for your denegrating her feelings.

    T, who ain't nobody's "DEAR" but Tom's & Swans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:08 PM

    Way to go T! Tell them how it is. My anger over anonymous' post prompted me to want to reply even before I saw you already had.

    Although I don't often post here I remember how it was for you all back in the beginning and was there for some of it. I admire the strength you all have, especially with everything you all have gone through both in your public lives and your personal lives. Know that I love you all even if I don't participate in these discussions. I wouldn't be where I am today without some of the strengths I learned from the three of you.

    Destiny~

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.