Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

3/17/2009

Brainy Might Be Sexy

When I first came here, Master worked on the taxes. It was an annual ordeal. He almost always put it off until the very last minute, and T and I would spend the day either scrambling to lay hands on whatever documentation He needed, or trying to hide out as His temper descended to the depths. No one LIKES doing that tax thing, but with Master battling His way through it each year, it was simply horrible for us all. For the last few years, the task of preparing the annual tax returns for our family has fallen to me. I handle the rest of the finances (they refer to me as "The Checkbook Nazi)," and so it just got to the point where it made sense.



It seems that our tax reporting is never "simple." Every year, there is some issue that complicates things, and we are always left sweating out the question of whether we will owe additional taxes and how we might pay that debt. This year was no different. We did some financial wizardry in the last months of the year that allowed us to pay off a lot of debt, but there was a tax liability associated with that business.



Now, I know that taxes are not sexy, and a slave that prepares taxes isn't the stuff that fantasies are made of, but our taxes are completed and when I was done combing the corners of the tax code for all the allowable deductions, our potential additional tax payment of perhaps $5ooo was down to about $1500. That is well within the grasp of our finances (especially as I'll receive a refund that easily covers that amount), and we are all enormously relieved. Going into the next month, it is good to know that we can handle that without stress and strain.



Perhaps we are just getting old, but sometimes it seems that the definition of sexy is too narrow.



swan

8 comments:

  1. swan, brainy is definitely sexy! Of course, that's only my humble opinion cuz I happen to be both :-)

    Doing taxes takes a lot of skill and patience. Bravo!

    hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:14 PM

    Actually, you are wrong. My husband would find a slave that did the taxes EXACTLY the stuff fantasies are made of right now, but I fear no such slave will appear. If she did, I'd brain her because I'm math phobic and we don't have that kind of family! We do, however have the kind of day you used to. It usually lasts a whole weekend as he cannot get over the bad news when we get to the end. Trying to remind him that it means we are lucky enough to have something to take does no good at all so I just - as you said - hide and wait for things to blow over. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haaaate taxes, hate the IRS, why, for the love of god, can't we just pay a flat rate based upon our income, period? All the loopholes and keeping receipts omg, I hate it so much. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:40 PM

    You go girl! I have not started my taxes yet. I have no idea why I'm putting it off, but for some reason I am dreading it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:29 AM

    Yes, the definition of sexy is WAY too narrow....I know a certain someone who find the sight of me engrossed in something he finds tedious but which I'll diligently work my way through for him a huge turn on.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hate doing taxes. P doing they this time :)
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely sexy and I'm definitely jealous. Good on you for getting them done early!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've wanted to comment on this all week but have had no time. I find you wildly sexy and always have (and will). Your intellect, your articulateness, and of course your ability with Turbo Tax are all huge aspects of your attractiveness. By the way, your ass ain't half bad either:)

    I love you swan.

    Mine Always and All Ways,

    Tom

    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.