Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

3/13/2009

Question Month?

Somewhere in the blogosphere, someone decreed that this month, March, is "Question Month." These kinds of things come around every now and then. There's a whole group of people that participate in "Gratitude Tuesday." For a long time, HNT (Half-nekkid Tuesday or Thursday) was a staple on many sites. Bonnie is the author and prime mover of the now annual "Love Our Lurkers" extravaganza.

For March, it seems that all the "cool kids" are on the "Question Month" bandwagon. Asking and answering questions seems to be the motif just now. However, I just cannot bring myself to play along. I've considered it. Maybe it would make it easier to write just now, when energies are focused mostly elsewhere, if I didn't have to come up with topics and then consider what I thought about that subject. Easier, I imagine, to simply sift through the questions and answer as I could or as I pleased. Sigh.


Except that I am just not willing to open the doors that wide. I understand this is a public place, and it has become our custom and habit to welcome a host of "strangers" and on-lookers into our lives. Many of those strangers have grown into friends, and it is good. Our welcome is not unlimited however. We do reserve the right to simply refuse to deal with people who come here with less than honest or respectful intent. Further we preserve some of the inner workings of our dynamic and our relating for ourselves. We do not share details that might cause discomfort or emotional upset for one another.


I believe that we answer sincerely asked questions here on a pretty regular basis. Often, that process brings up new information or a perspective that we hadn't considered before, and we enjoy the dialog. Questions from our readers keep life interesting.


So, no "Question Month" here at The Heron Clan. Or, perhaps, every month is question month. Let the Grand Arbiters of the cyber-schedule tut and cluck, I simply am not in the mood to play this time around.


swan

5 comments:

  1. swan, I must not be in with the in-crowd, because I didn't notice that it was question month. I admit I ask you questions from time to time, but they aren't restricted to March.

    I do publish memes which, I suppose, help people's curiosity somewhat. But soliciting questions? I'm not comfortable going there.

    I prefer to do the driving on my blog. So I'm not playing the question month game either.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:07 PM

    Swan, I'm glad you decided not to play question month. With all you have going on, and the way you felt recently, I think you absolutely made the right decision for yourself. You don't need my approval or any one else's, but your friends will want you to do what's best for you and others can play on the sites that are participating. As you say, you have been more than generous with your help, answers, information over time allowing those that truly want to learn to do so.
    Hope the headache and weakness is getting better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am anti-social when it comes to "community" activities that "everyone" is doing. Always have been, not just in this aspect of my life, in everything. I had to grit my teeth during the kids' school years because I found the pressure to make my kids fit in (and for me to fit in) with extracurricular activities very difficult to deal with. I participated and urged my kids to do so because I didn't want to pass my cynicism onto them but I personally wasn't a fan.

    My knee-jerk reaction to "let's all do this group thing together" is "let's all *not*, shall we?" lol

    But that's just me, that's who I am; I enjoy watching others participate despite my own reluctance and I have asked some people questions this month simply because the idea made me think of answers I wanted to know. But damn if I think anyone should be pressured about it. Besides, I'll ask a blogger questions anyway, any time of the year, lol! A person can always answer "no", right? :) And no hard feelings; we all have the right to privacy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:04 AM

    Seems we're in pretty good company lovely one. Like you, I answer or don't answer questions whenever I'm asked so decided not to get involved in the 'March is question month' stuff. Like Amber, my first reaction to the 'let all .......' tends to be 'ummmm....count me out'. You've seen I don't tend to do memes either. If I have something to share, I post, if not......well, sometimes being quiet can be nice too.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swan hello, I must be out of it, I didn't know March was a question month.
    I am normally not one for memes, I have done a meme and one of the others because I was asked to.
    I dont feel comfortabloe with answering questions so I'm not going to be cool and join in the "Question Month" either.
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.