Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

4/17/2010

Signs of Spring

It is the middle of April, and there is clear evidence that spring is upon us:

My front garden is in full bloom with dancing pastel tulips and my beloved bleeding hearts. 

The various denizens of the little pond community outside our back doors have all returned from their winter homes, and so, as we open up the windows, it is common to hear the ducks and geese and redwing blackbirds and robins and mourning doves and killdeers.  The cattails are coming up from the depths, fresh and green, and the bullfrogs are out each evening serenading the lady frogs for all they are worth.

Here in the midwest, the pollen count is off the charts, and people around town are sneezing and sniffling and struggling with swollen, itchy, watery eyes.  The forecast for the weekend calls for rain, so that might help some.

The 3rd quarter report cards have been distributed, and my wonderful kids are beginning to see the end.  They are coming to that point in the year where they are ready to move on.  So much growth has happened, and they will be leaving me soon.  I think that all of us are feeling a little wistful about that.  I've had such fun with them, and they have been such eager and enthusiastic partners in the process of learning.  I will launch them on their way in about seven weeks.  I am awfully proud of their success, but I will miss them... 

I, once again, managed to prepare all the family taxes and get that off to the state and federal taxing authorities.  The added challenge this year was doing the final set of taxes for Master's father.  He always had his taxes done at a local tax preparer, but doing it ourselves saved us the nearly $300 fee that they always charged him.  I was nervous about the whole business, but TurboTax is my friend, and once we managed to gather up all the various receipts and documents, it seemed to go relatively smoothly.  I always fuss about "doing the taxes," and once it is done and filed, I feel as if spring can really begin, and I can relax and enjoy it. 

Our regular walks are no longer a battle with the weather.  We have way less trouble fitting it in while trying not to get caught in a storm, or having to worry about ice, or...  It is that precious sliver of time in our seasonal rounds where the temperatures are mild and pleasant and the time spent outdoors is comfortable and enjoyable. 

Nothing too exciting in all of that.  I know.  It simply is what it is -- the passages of our lives, and the acknowledgement of how good it is to be waking up from the long, long winter to another spring's promise.

swan

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    The blending hearts photo is just lovely! I adore Spring time and being able to get out of the house to observe and breath in nature. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used Turbo Tax for years and loved it..

    Warren

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful pic of the bleeding hearts swan........ i love bleeding hearts but have never had any success in getting them to grow :(

    nothing wrong with quiet normalcy .. nothing wrong with that at all..

    morningstar

    ReplyDelete
  4. My comment doesn't have to do anything with Spring i'm afraid.

    Instead, i would like to thank you for putting me on your blog roll. As (a very) long-time reader i am honoured.

    It is my intention to act as a sort of platform to all non-native speakers of the Lifestyle and encourage them to write. Our posts may seem simplistic, but things like discribing subspace for example is hard enough, imagine doing it in a foreign language.

    Be well, all of you.

    cassie

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.