Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

4/18/2010

Wimpy

We played together on Thursday evening.  It wasn't a terribly intense session.  He used His hand a good bit, and stroked with the tip of a knife.  At the height of things, He shifted up to a lexan paddle and a fairly light leather strap --

And...

I whined and sobbed and suffered from the very beginning until the very end. 

For some reason, on Thursday evening, every sensation seemed to be magnified -- and not in a good way.  The hand spanking caused me to gasp and whimper.  The knife blade traced my skin with searing sharpness.  I hung on and stayed put through the paddling, but it was agony and I was furious that "no one even cared" how I was suffering.  I ended up feeling like a total wimp.

It was such a markedly different session than the one that preceded it just a few days earlier.  On that occasion, I was "in the flow," and came through to the end feeling strong and empowered and thrilled with the connection between us.  What, I wonder, is the difference?  Why is my pain tolerance so wildly variable?  What is it that causes the same sensation to be pleasurable and erotic on one occasion and just miserable on another? 

Is it mindset?  I know from experience that when I go into a session feeling angry or frustrated or frightened, it is far more likely that I'll struggle. 

Maybe it is just a question of general well-being.  Starting into a spanking with a host of physical aches and pains makes it more difficult for me to get my head wrapped around the pain of a spanking on top of all the rest of it.

Maybe it is hormonal.  I know that, when I was still having menstrual periods, my ability to process and accommodate pain varied with my cycles.  Now, well past my surgically induced menopause, I wonder if there is yet some hormonal component to my variable responses to painful stimuli.  Researchers have found that estrogen can act as a natural painkiller. Higher estrogen levels result in a higher pain tolerance, and lower estrogen levels cause effectively lower pain tolerance.

I don't know.  I do wonder.  In the meantime, I get spanked when and how He decides -- and He seems as happy with my misery as He ever is with my more accomplished session responses.  

swan

6 comments:

  1. swan -

    every time i read how a session didn't go well.. how you feel you wimped out.. my heart goes out to you....

    who knows the whys and wherefors for the wimpy sessions.. versus the really good fly high sessions.. i am sure one will never definitively figure it out..

    it just is what it is....

    i only wish i had some secret solution for you ...

    but i have hugs to send.... lots of 'em..

    morningstar

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweetie, you read me exactly right. I enjoyed our session Thursday night just as much as I had our previous one which you felt was "higher end." You know while you may feel "wimpy," I like it when you whine can cry when I spank you (I know I'm just an evil old sadist..is anyone surprised at that by now:)

    I love you and was not, and am not, disappointed in your/our play. I hope you can get away from your self-doubt and accept who you are, and how you are, when you are spanked.

    I love you.

    Mine Always and All Ways,

    Tom

    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've 8imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. swan - did you ever try horomone replacement therapy? Of course there are tons of reasons not to try it, but a short term course might feel good and provide you with some answers... just a thought.

    jojo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impish16:45 PM

    I'm two years post menopause, and I still feel like there is some hormonal type influence to my body as well. It shows up in my migraines, sexual response and spanking. I try to go with the flow, and figure it will cycle back around, but the timing is not always optimal. It does sound as though your relationship is moving back to where you wanted it to go...for him to use you and spank you, and not be afraid of your reactions. Hopefully, your body will respond to that over time, surely your heart will, mmm?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone, and thanks for taking the time to enter into the conversation with me on this one. I really wasn't trying to whine, and I do understand that there probably is not an answer or a fix for what goes on with all of this... It is really just the written manifestation of the chatter that goes on in my head!

    I did try HRT, jojo -- for about a year after the hysterectomy. It made my migraines a lot worse, but didn't really fix the sexual dysfunction issues. So, I'm going it "au naturel."

    It likely is what it is... and will be. I am sure there is a hormonal component, just as I am sure that there is an emotional component.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have anything to add that Impish and Tom didn't already say to you swan...I just wanted you to know that I'm here and reading and thinking fondly of you all and sending you great big 'ol hugs!

    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.