Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

4/14/2010

Speculating About Other People

He and I were out walking Sunday afternoon (it was an absolutely gorgeous day here).  The figure-eight path we follow takes us all through the condominium complex where we live, and along with the exercise benefits, our walks give us the opportunity to smile and wave and often even exchange greetings with our neighbors.  It is funny how, over time, you can come to feel as if you know people based on those kinds of passing interactions. 

So...  We both chuckled when one neighbor, obviously returning from a shopping trip, drove past us with a 47" big screen TV and a bathroom vanity in the bed of their pickup truck.  I immediately suggested that I could just imagine the negotiation that led to that particular set of purchases.  Let's see -- "Honey, I promise I'll install the new vanity just as soon as we get home if only I can have this amazingly large TV -- pleeeeeasssse?!?!?"

It wouldn't go like that in our house, but then every relationship has its own unique power dynamic.  I do hope the vanity gets installed without too much hassle, and that the big screen TV is all they hope it will be.

swan

3 comments:

  1. On my way to work, I often drive past a man walking with two women and a dog. The man holds the dog's leash, and the women walk just behind the man. He is obviously the leader. All three are in their 50's or 60's, and every single time I see them, I wonder...."Is he a husband to one of those ladies? Is the other lady a friend, or the wife's sister, perhaps? Or is that Raheretic with T and Swan?!" I know it's not, of course, but it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:13 PM

    I want one of those Keurig coffee makers. I live with just my kids at the moment, but Master STILL won't let me buy one. He says they're too expensive. He did, however, let me get the 42 inch flat screen tv for me and my kids for Christmas, dipping into my savings for it even. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  3. No dogs in our household and the cats are not leash trained....but swan and i are!

    T

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.