Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

3/26/2008

The World's Most Expensive Cane (or Why We Might be Too Old for This)

The vacation was nice. We got home. We unpacked. We settled in to catch up on email and pet the cats and just sort of ease back into our lives.


He was surfing His favorite blogs, and had just settled in to read at Spanking Blog when all of the sudden He looked at me and said, "Did you pick up the cane?"


It was an immediate "OH SHIT" moment for me. I knew exactly where the cane was -- hanging in its sheath on the door knob in the bedroom of the cabin that we'd checked out of this morning at about 10:00. A two-hour drive from us. And that was IF they had found our cane and it was still there.


I knew -- knew without any question -- that I would go back there today, and retrieve that cane. I got on the phone and called the cabin rental office. No answer. I left a message, saying that we'd left a cane hanging on the door in the cabin bedroom, and stating that I was on my way back to try and get it. I said it would take me a couple of hours, and I asked if they would please call me back.


He insisted that He WAS ABSOLUTELY going with me. No way on earth He was letting me drive up to get it alone.


Before we could get it together to leave the house, they had called and assured us that they did have the cane. They were a little surprised I think that we were coming back to get it tonight.


I know. It probably sounds a little crazy to most people. But it is THE cane that we just got -- THE cane that took us so awfully long to find -- THE cane that replaces the one we broke over a year ago.


We made several unsuccessful attempts to replace that first cane -- ordered and paid for probably at least three, or maybe four canes that were of unsatisfactory quality. Finally, He gave up and ordered the "Deluxe" model cane from Adam and Gillian's. It was an investment of $70.00 + shipping, but given what we'd already invested in junk, we were ready to do it. So figure at the point where we ordered that cane, we had a couple hundred dollars invested in the search. Today, given the cost of gas for the approximately 200 mile rescue trip to and fro, we've spent another $20. That's one expensive cane.


Anyway, we got up and our weekend hosts had it. Handed it right to us with a grin. Of course.


Personally, I am thinking that when you get too old to remember your toys, it is possible that you are getting too old.


On the other hand, traveling with Master is a major event for our household -- shoes, knives, clothes, food, toys, computer, radio, grill and grill tools, beverages, and just basic clothing flung all over the place. It takes T and I, and some significant planning and organization to pull it off. We both scour the place once we are packed and loaded -- trying to make sure we don't overlook some bit of important stuff that He's brought along and then put somewhere that we won't notice it and pick it up. I actually remember waking up in the middle of the night, seeing the cane hanging there, and thinking, "I need to remember to grab that in the morning." I really should have just gotten out of bed and picked it off the door right then. Of course, I never even thought about it in the morning, and the hanging place on the back of the door, just didn't catch either my eye or T's. Absent minded? Or just buried in the details?


Whatever. We have the world's most expensive cane back, safe here with us.



swan

3 comments:

  1. yes, very expensive cane. The joy you get from it - priceless.
    Krishna and i left a collar and a paddle in a hotel room, 1000 miles away from home, last November. We didn't even notice they were missing for at least a month. So no chance of getting them back. Jeez, what were you saying about getting older and forgetful? Maybe it has as much to do with the bliss of the weekend?! Your cabin retreat seems wonderful!
    Radha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to comment on such an old post, but as the fellow owner of one of Adam and Gillian's deluxe canes I know for a fact I'd have driven back too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only that, Master may well have planned out to take advantage of the situation and use it creatively for my good too, no doubt. I would have had no choice but to return to the "crime" scene!

      Delete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.