Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

8/07/2008

Color My World


Just over a week ago, we had the carpets professionally cleaned in both our condos. Since we had to move darn near everything out to have that work done, T and I got to talking about how it would be "easy" to paint the relatively empty rooms.
We've lived in these places for almost six years now, and they were still sporting the same plain old off-white paint that they had when we moved in. There were plenty of dings and marks on all the walls, and the places were just starting to look dingy.
Neither T nor I are fans of the basic white wall. Given our preferences, we'd have painted top to bottom within the first year of residence here. Himself however was just fine and happy with our pristine white walls. No matter how we tried to talk to Him about the notion of painting four or five years ago, His response was a firm and definitive "no." And around here, a "no" from Himself is the end of the conversation. So, our walls have remained plain white.
This last week, however, when the question of painting came up, He gave the go-ahead. You could have knocked me over. Still, knocked over or not, it didn't take the two of us very long to pick some likely paint colors, and the very next day, I was at the Home Depot purchasing the paint and needed tools/supplies.
Painting slave was born. We talked it over and decided that it really wasn't wise for T to try and paint as her knees are not at all good. So, I've painted and painted and painted. Got my place "finished" yesterday, and planned to move and do T's side of the household today. She took today and tomorrow off from work, and we discussed the possibility that perhaps she could do the base level trim if she simply "scooted" around the perimeter of the rooms on her backside. With that agreement in place, I hauled the ladder and other assorted crap next door, and she and I worked like fiends. She painted low and I painted high. When we finished all the "cut" work, I started in to roll paint onto the walls. We worked all day long, but tonight, both our places are freshly painted and looking great.
Even Master -- He who has held out for white walls all these many years, likes the new, fresh, clean look. The painting slaves are tired out. But it is all good.
swan

10 comments:

  1. Woo-Hoo!!!

    I gots beautious walls! I could NEVER have done it without Swan! She bought the paint....all 18 gallons of it, hauled it all home and made my half look fantastic!

    If you saw my condo...you would be GREEN with envy!

    Thanks, Sister-Heart!!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came by to find out what colors you'd chosen...*smiles*

    Should I take it they are green? *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:42 AM

    I've always found when I've decorated that it gives a fresh new energy to my home for a while.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in this process myself. Congratulations, green is going on some of my walls too. I'm sure it is beautiful.
    ((hugs))
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:36 AM

    Wow - that is one big job to do that quickly and mostly by yourself. And for T as well, even scooting hurts those knees. Break out the Motrin - double doses all around! I'm sure it's beautiful, and don't you love standing back and admiring your work?

    Impish1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious as to whether you both painted the ceilings, too? Some people do, some don't. I haven't yet, and wanted to know if you did! Good job, ladies! I'm envious!
    Radha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swan painted parts of her ceiling out of need. We painted a very small part of an angled portion of ceiling on my side, just because we were tired and it looked weird in the off white. Keep in mind that we are on the ground level of a 2-level condo bldg. We have more "nooks and crannies" than you can shake a stick at!

    So, nope...most of the ceilings we left their original color. I think the lighter ceiling with the green makes the room look "fresh"... but then I could just be out of my mind and it doesn't really matter at all.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see it, did you leave me a spot to do, I love decorating it is very theraputic. Mind you as you did it so fast I expect it was less so.

    Hil

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok.. hang on a sec.. you painted the entire condos.. both of them.. green?? just green??? (giggling)

    When i moved in here... i announced i would have a smarties box colour of rooms.. and did.. Now i am toning things done a bit.. quite a bit.. browns and blue on the main level.. greys and yellows on the top level..


    sooo is yours all green?????


    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Morningstar, Welcome back!
    No. T's side is green (light and then deeper for accents). My side is a very soft, almost peachy, chamois color, with something called "antique pearl" as a contrast. Depending on the light, there is a warm, soft, pinkness on my side.

    swan

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.