Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

8/25/2008

Mmmmmmm... Blindfolds

We were finishing dinner with a bit of dessert: fat free, no sugar added, vanilla frozen yogurt. I still had some of my wine from dinner, and I don't like to mix wine and "ice cream." So, I was busily working my way to the bottom of my glass of Pinot Noir, anticipating the frozen confection sitting on the table in front of me. Which, of course, led to some teasing from the family.

Himself suggested that I could simply put the wine on the ice cream -- a pretty revolting idea, actually. No thanks. I don't even want to contemplate the idea of a good, sturdy, honest red wine poured onto vanilla ice cream, or even vanilla frozen yogurt. Except that it reminded me of the days, a long time ago, when I was sometimes prone to pour Creme d' Menthe on vanilla ice cream -- and that was yummy!

So, Master suggested that T can make us a sugar free "version" of Creme d' Menthe. It's true. There's just one problem. The mixture that T whips up is the most vibrant, glaring, neon shade of green. It is just scary!

Well, that minor impediment didn't dissuade Him at all. "We'll just get you a blindfold," He said.

And -- that's where I stopped being part of the conversation in any valid or viable sense, because in my head, I was exploring the whole idea of blindfolds. I like blindfolds. At least, I seem to think / remember that I like blindfolds...

It isn't a part of our usual play scene. I've been blindfolded a few times in dungeons. There is something sweet and thrilling about that elimination of the sense of sight. I can sink into the warm darkness, and it becomes easier to flow with whatever is happening. There are fewer distractions, less input, a whole lot more ability to let go and simply go with the energy.

Mmmmmmm... blindfolds.

swan

6 comments:

  1. I've been a mostly silent reader for quite some time. Just wanted to comment that there has been such a change in your tone lately - you seem much happier and playful. To a certain degree, I know happiness has eluded you at points in the past. It's nice to see you finding some lightness again. I hope it continues for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tangerine! And, all this time, I've been figuring you weren't one of "us." Now you tell me that you are into kinky stuff too. Shame on you for holding out on us all!
    Grin!

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  3. jojo -- thank you for stopping by. I am glad you are here, and yes, you are right. I am feeling much happier and more steady these days. That is a very good thing.

    I went and looked at your blog, and I must say that I am ashamed: all my whining and kvetching in the last two years seems pretty out of line when I read what you are dealing with so gracefully.

    Glad to meet you!

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks swan. I am in a rough spot now - but I am almost on the other side of the fire. I have to say, there is nothing like a bit of illness to make you appreciate life.

    I don't see your blog as whining... just a place to think through issues "out loud." I have been through clinical depression myself and I can often relate to the emotions you express - even though I live a pretty vanilla life so different from yours! Besides, your family has dealt with much in the last year too. Kvetch all you want!

    BTW - now you have me thinking about blindfolds. Hmmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your writing...Haven't found time for much commenting here in quite some time, but I'm still a readin' I hope you are enjoying your last long weekend for awhile. Its gorgeous weather here a fitting end to summer.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.