Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

10/22/2009

Autumn is My Favorite Season

The trees off my patio are in their full autumn glory. This is a phenomenon that was barely a blip in my Colorado days. To see "fall" color in the Rocky Mountains, one had to travel up into the high country to see the displays created by the changing of the aspen against the pines and spruce. So, each year, when this magical splendor splashes itself across the landscape, I find myself fascinated and filled with something joyful and childlike. This morning, as the sun caught in the leaves, I couldn't resist the urge to take some photos. My poor skills don't do it any kind of justice, but I hope somewhere each of you have a tree that is purely magical as this one...

swan

6 comments:

  1. Those pictures are beautiful swan! I'm thinking I hope this weekend to take some of my own pictures of fall.

    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the beautiful reminder of what I left behind in the Midwest! We live in the Rocky Mt. high country and the color is long gone. Plus I miss those oranges and reds - gorgeous! Hope you're feeling better, too! Meow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow!

    I'll be visiting the Midwest in a week, and now I'm even MORE excited!

    In my town, there is plenty of beauty... In the salt air and undisturbed beaches, the lighthouses, and not one single box store in town. Not a single fast food place, no neon signs, and no roads with multiple lanes. It is no wonder we thrive on a tourist economy - every summer our small town of 7,000 people bursts at the seams with 30,000 people (from the rich to the rich and famous.)

    But autumn? Nah. We don't get that. We go from green to brown overnight, I swear. It's because of that salty air, I think... It's so sad, though. Because this place appears to ROT, not transition through a glorious and beautiful phoenix-fire death.

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me homesick for Indiana. In Houston, fall lasts 1/2 day and winter (such as it is), about three weeks. Your lovely pictures made me realize again how much I miss the change of the seasons.

    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! I have been admiring the beautiful trees for a few weeks now, and even pointing the colors out to the kids. It's lovely!!!

    s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:53 AM

    Gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.