Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

11/30/2009

Happy Monday

Good morning!



Good news!



Finally.



Yesterday, they removed the surgical drains. We had to fuss but after a six hour "trial" they removed the NG tube. It was difficult last evening because the last of Master's IV's, number 7, blew up in His arm. He was screeching in horrible pain, and since it was exactly at shift change, there wasn't a nurse to be found anywhere. In desperation, I went from room to room, and finally found a nurse in another patient's room, and practically dragged her back to Him.



This morning, He is taking clear liquids. He is having fully formed bowel movements. Is this too much information? His pain levels are down to just achy. He is actively advocating with the doctors and nurses on His own behalf -- "NO, I am not having another IV established unless you can show me an imminent medical necessity."



It might be that He will not be going home just yet, but I'm thinking we're close!



Thank you all for your good wishes and healing energies sent His way this last week.



swan

10 comments:

  1. i am so glad things are improving ... and hopefully will continue to improve until He is safely home with you and T again !!

    i have been watching for an update all weekend......... thanks swan for posting this ........ now i can dash off to work with a lighter heart.

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Progress! Meow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about you all this weekend. Thanks for keeping us updated.

    Love.
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impish111:08 AM

    Oh, how wonderful! Not too much info for me, but I'm a nurse so I consider it an important measure of progress after this type of trouble. Very reassuring. Hope you have a very good day, and are well on your way to good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news. I'm cautiously optomistic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thank goodness!! I also checked back several times waiting on the good news. Hope He has a speedy return to your loving home.
    love,
    radha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Impish-I grew up with that kind of information at the dinner table (without names)because my dad is an MD, so now I'm a nurse and just need that kind of info to understand what's going on. I'm so glad things are looking up for all of you.

    Still keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers,
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:25 PM

    No, it's not too much information! It reminds me of work, lol.

    Good news swan! I'm glad. :)

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.