Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

1/20/2010

DD and BDSM -- Differences?

I (and we) have had some communication from people expressing the hope that things have leveled out around our place, and that "we" are "alright."  So, perhaps it is appropriate to assure our friends and readers that we are basically fine, although I suspect that describing our status as "alright" might be stretching things a bit. 

We are unsettled on a very deep and very essential level in our intimate lives, and of course, we are mired in crisis mode as we try to work our way through the latest bout of health concerns with Master's father.  We are working together to try and cope with all of that, but not finding adequate time to make our way very well along the path of relational communication and healing. 


Standing in the shower this morning, I had the thought that, "all of this would be so much easier and better if the DD MAGIC actually worked."  Nearly every practitioner of domestic discipline will tell you that the introduction of DD into their relationships makes everything better, and that handing over the control and giving their partner the authority to punish for infractions relieves their relationships of festering doubts and struggles.  The "MAGIC" works, they insist:  spank as needed, and all the trials and strife that plague your relationship can be erased as if they were chalk on a slate. 

Too, as practitioners of BDSM, we are often told that our lifestyle is mostly sexual and really not about the relationship.  Our kind of spanking, unlike the MAGIC sort of DD spanking, isn't about relating -- it is just a sex thing. 

I find that ironic in these weary days of slogging along through the aftermath of our "relational blowout."  We certainly did, as things worked out, apply that DD panacea punishment spanking.  At least, I felt like that happened.  I did my level best to accept that punishment, and to acknowledge that I deserved it.  Still, the relationship (which we do not have under the definitions of the domestic discipline crowd) remains tender.  He and I are carrying a wounded place between us, and I am coming to understand that it cannot be spanked away.  We just do not seem to have the MAGIC. 

We are committed to finding our way along.  We are in this for the long haul.  We are each hurt and each uncertain, and we are both afraid.  Spanking doesn't fix everything.  It is a way to relate, but not the only way.  For us, it seems there is no easy way through this.  We will simply have to put one foot in front of the other, work to trust one another, and hope to rebuild something good from the mess I made.

swan

6 comments:

  1. You've no idea how much you've been in my thoughts since all this happened. I really hope you find your way though this to a place of peace for you all.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, M:e. We'll find our way through it, I am sure. I just don't know how long it is likely to take us, and I am bettling with my tendency to be impatient.

    hugs, swan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It ould be difficult to deny thqt there would be Internt DD guru's who would, and I'm sure are having a hey day that we are an example of the absence of DD, or the falacy of polyamory. AQnd I am sure too those same sources, or similar sources, have us as having been vitimized by polyamory.

    My swan, we have and are struggling. You need to know that there neveer was a relationship dynamic that was totally the fault of one parther and only one partner. While I don't understand or know what I did, I am sure I share reesponsibility for our problems.

    I love you.
    Mine Always And all ways

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impish18:50 AM

    It is inevitable that any real relationship will eventually experience some problems. Keep walking the walk, keep those hurty bits out and exposed, and you will come out of this not only okay, but better than before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been turning round and round in my head about punishment and how that really ought to fit into our relationship. It is good to hear the realism side of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To me, what's important is the fact that you're both aware that things will take time to return to 'normal' and you're more than willing to put the time and effort into it. That is a sign of a true, mature, honest relationship.

    (And on the purely selfish side, I would totally hate it if something happened to you all. I adore your blogs and would hate to lose my window into your world.)

    butterfly

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.