Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

1/24/2010

Desperado #1


I've had this song running through my head today, and it seems I am walking around the place channeling Linda Ronstadt.  I am finding that the words and the music are saying things to me about where I've been wandering emotionally in the last few months, and I want to spend a bit of time trying to take it all apart and figure out where I got so far off my chosen path...

So, for the next little bit, I think I'm going to take bits and pieces of the song, "Desperado," and use the lyrics to jump off into a conversation with myself.  Feel free to listen in if you want.

For those who are not as old as I am, here are the lyrics --

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses
You've been out ridin' fences,

for so long - now.

Ohh you're a hard one.

I know that you've got your reasons.

These things that are pleasin'you

Can hurt you somehow.

Don't you draw the queen of diamonds boy

She'll beat you if she's able.

You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet.

Now it seems to me, some fine things

Have been laid upon your table.

But you only want the ones

That you can't get.

Desperado,

Ohhhh you aint getting no younger.

Your pain and your hunger,

They're driving you home.

And freedom, ohh freedom.

Well that's just some people talking.

Your prison is walking through this world all alone.

Don't your feet get cold in the winter time?

The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine.

It's hard to tell the night time from the day.

And you're losing all your highs and lows

aint it funny how the feeling goes

away...

Desperado,

Why don't you come to your senses?

come down from your fences, open the gate.

It may be rainin', but there's a rainbow above you.

You better let somebody love you.

(let sombody love you)

You better let somebody love you...ohhh..hooo

before it's too..oooo.. late.

3 comments:

  1. Impish16:40 PM

    Aaah, yes, we are from the same time...what memories. Very good...but I must say - with all love - sometimes I just want to smack you and say "stop thinking so much and get out of your own way!" You are much too smart for your own good! It can be a curse to be as smart as you are; my son is, and all that cerebral power just has to have something to do. Don't keep dogging on yourself, digging for what went wrong. You may never figure it out, and digging in the darkness will bring you down to the darkness. Embrace your new start, and the light you are moving into. Pull that Swan up, hug her, love her, and tell her you have faith in her! Stop saying that bad stuff to her! If she gets scared, reassure her. Asking for the spanking was good, real good, but the constant thinking - it's a real killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Impish! Alright -- you've got me figured out. I do tend to "overthink" things I suppose, but I am endlessly fascinated by the meanderings of my own mind. I understand the concern that there is a "dark void" risk when I wander into thinking mode, but I also know that I am safer with the tools that awareness gives me in terms of understanding the dynamics of my own "nuttiness."

    I'll be careful, I promise, and who knows -- I may find this isn't all that intriguing in a day or two.

    hugs, swan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impish18:56 AM

    Yeah, me, too. So I quilt...wanna learn to quilt? It's so much more fun than basket weaving.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.