Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

1/16/2010

Fur a Change

A long time ago, when I first began to actively explore my interest in aspects of BDSM with the one who pretended to be a Dominant, one hurdle we faced was in knowing just HOW it was that this D/s thing is supposed to be done.  Like most people coming into the lifestyle for the first time, we had no real life models, and our access to decent information was far more limited than it would be if we were starting out today. 

Questions about how to do Dominance or how to do submission weren't likely to show up in Ann Landers' daily newspaper column.  When we came across bits of information, we grabbed it like drowning souls lost at sea.  And that is how I first came to the practice of shaving my pubic hair.  From what we could see; from what we knew; that was how everyone did it, and so, being the pretend Dominant that he was, he decreed that I too would shave my girl parts. 

It had a sort of delicious wicked feeling to it in the beginning.  It seemed very "out there."  I remember being concerned about the first visit I ever made to the gynocologist after I went bare, and I remember moments of anxiety when I would go to the gym or the spa -- what would people think?  What would people say?  The truth is no one ever SAID anything, and I doubt very seriously that anyone ever stayed up at night wondering what my shaved crotch might mean.  Please!

I've shaved my pubic hair for well over ten years now.  It has come to be "the way it is."  I don't think about it much anymore, and I surely don't worry who will see or what they will think.

Master has never indicated that He cares.  One way or the other.  I am pretty sure that He is among the vast throng of folks who do not give the state of my pubic hair a second thought.

Lately, I've stopped shaving it.  Keeping it bare is work, and it got to be something that I was doing BECAUSE I was doing it.  Each time I got in the shower to de-fur, I wondered why I was spending the extra time on something that absolutely no one cared about.  As we went through that last round of surgery and recovery, I found I had less and less time to attend to those personal details, and so I quit. 

The world did not end.  The hair grew and grew, and it is now reaching the point where I am reminded what it was like so many years ago.  It seems softer than it was when I was younger.  Not as curly.  Surely, it is grayer. 


Having it there does not impact Him or us in any way that I can see.  Interestingly, I am enjoying the feel of it -- late at night, it is somehow comforting to be able to feel the soft downiness of my own privates.  It is like having my own soft, fuzzy stuffed animal right where I can always find it. 

There's no point to all of that, really.  It just is.  Another change.  Another thing that I once thought meant something that really didn't mean anything at all.  I've regrown my fur and the world goes around just as it always has.

swan

6 comments:

  1. wandering traveler7:01 PM

    for myself, a woman (& man) without public hair has always resembled an unflattering and unsettling mix of dog + child - for me, a totally un-erotic state of affairs! i would also totally rather smell a reasonably clean human than any perfume or cologne. all that to say that i love my girlfriend's pubic hair. i love the way it holds the smell of her. i love the mystery of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:47 PM

    I love that post....I too, shaved forever, and then something happened and I stopped....who noticed..no one...and I had an extra 15 minutes for a second cup of coffee before work!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to shave it off when I was much younger. I can't really remember the reason, except maybe that suddenly I had so much more hair all over my body. It made me feel like a little girl, which I didn't like. So I stopped. I trim every once in a while when it seems a little out of control. I've heard that pubic hair is essential for trapping that womanly scent, thereby enticing men in a very sensual way. I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impish19:22 AM

    Okay, I guess I'm the odd man out here... but I shave some for the same reason you all don't - for me. I first shaved (I leave a large triangle), on a lark as a treat for my husband when we were going away for a fun weekend. He liked it, it seemed naughty, and did make some things neater, easier, I thought. The real revelation to me was how much cleaner I felt. I was still having periods in those days, and they were so freaking heavy, and things were just so much easier. I guess the feelings have just sort of carried over. I get tired of shaving when emergencies happen or when I get sick, and it's a pain to catch up because I use a neat little battery powered thing which is a breeze if you keep up, but won't do a thing past about three days. I feel down there like you do, Swan, but I like the soft smooth feeling. It's comforting in some way, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. shaving is not required for me. I do it when I feel like it, and other times i just do it bikini style, again all on my moods and desires. As long as I feel good about it, Sir feels good about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interestingly, although He's never expressed a preference, seeing this, He told me He likes it shaved. He also made it clear that if I like it the other way, it is "OK" with Him. That may not be a "command" per se, but if He likes it shaved, then that is good enough for me. So, it is back to shaved.

    swan

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.