Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

1/13/2010

Seeing the Doctor

We are on spanking hiatus.
Because.
I have an appointment to see the doctor on Friday afternoon.  I've had a dull achy sort of pain in my lower back on the right side for probably close to 5 months.  It isn't sharp.  It does not throb.  It isn't worse if I sit or lie down or walk.  It just is.  Sometimes I think it is like a muscle pull, but then as I think about it, it seems deeper than the muscles.  If I really am just still, the pain seems like it is inside somewhere.  Glowing.  Warm. 
It has gone on long enough that He has become concerned, and insisted that I get it checked out, so of course, I have an appointment.  He imagines any number of scary possibilities.  I have checked WebMD, and am convinced that it is most likely a bladder infection or a bladder cyst.  Neither are life threatening.  On Friday, I'll start the process of having the medical professionals look and poke and prod and palpate and x-ray and scan and whatever else it is that they will do to identify the issue. 
But. 

In the meantime, we are on hiatus.  We tend to lay off our usual SM play when I have to visit the doctor.  If there is any liklihood that my ass will be "on display," then His judgement is that I ought to go without marks of any sort.  While it may or may not be an issue with my personal physician, we choose to avoid the situation where a doctor might perceive abuse and feel it is mandatory to report that to authorities. 
We are fully aware that there are, in some localities, kink friendly professionals who might not become alarmed at the obvious physical signs of our regular SM play, but we've not found any such doctors in our area. 
I'll go to the doctor on Friday, and my ass will be clear and utterly unmarked.  Whatever the medical conclusions might be, there will be no reason for the good doctor to be concerned about the condition of my butt on Friday.

swan

4 comments:

  1. Good luck and good thoughts, for you (and your bum)!

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're going to the doctor and not putting it off any longer. This isn't the kind of pain one is supposed to endure without complaint.

    I'm seeing my gynecologist in a week and a half. I included this in the schedule I gave my the sadist, reminding him that I didn't really want to raise any eyebrows with marks on my butt. Especially as she communicates with my psych doctor. I have no concern about my situation, but want to protect them from worry and me from questions.

    Good luck with everything!

    o.g.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you......... we are a pair aren't we??? well here's to your results being as good as mine...with a whole lot stress for you (than the way i stressed )

    let us know what the docs say ok??

    i'll be "clapping for you"

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impish111:13 AM

    Glad you are getting that checked... and as I said around here sometime recently: real life sure can mess with your sex life!

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.