Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

7/20/2012

Sigh of Relief


My daughter; my son and daughter-in-law, my nieces -- all live within 20 miles of the Aurora, Colorado theater where this awful shooting occurred last night.  I woke up this morning, heard the news, and immediately felt my heart lurch.  My head told me it was very, very, very unlikely that any of them would have been there, but a mother's heart doesn't always listen to the head.

I worried.  I texted at what, for all of them, is a very early hour -- and mine are all fine and safe.

I am relieved.  Grateful.  I am also mindful that there are mothers, fathers, siblings, spouses ... who cannot say the same thing today.  My heart goes out to all of those.

swan

5 comments:

  1. Thankful right along with you....and praying for those that were not so lucky. I have listened to news reports with tears in my eyes.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so horrible.

    I am thankful for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your family is safe. I thought of you when I heard the news on NPR this morning.

    Ok, that's probably creepy that someone you don't know, who has only commented a few times, knows that your family is in the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not creepy, Zarah. I'm sure I've told you all where they are more than once. It is not creepy to be paying attention :-)

      swan

      Delete
  4. It's horrible isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.