Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

12/10/2005

A Different Look at SSC

I've been caught with lots of "thoughts" lately -- many of them heavy. I'm not unhappy precisely, but aware that there is a weight to life just now that is keeping me from dancing through the days as I might otherwise.

If I review the year we've come through, the reality is that much that we knew we would face as a family has come and gone, and we've weathered the storms. We are here all together, and for that I am grateful. I am also tired, and a little wistful. I look around, and note that, by and large, we are surrounded in our cyber neighborhood, by people who are significantly younger than we are, and who consequently do not face the same sorts of "issues" that we face (never mind that we have the freedom to come and go without having to find babysitters)... Somedays I really do find myself jealous of all those years I let go in clueless youth, when I knew what I was but did not understand it or embrace it -- so much wasted time now lost forever.

I can and do get scared, when the days go by, as they have lately, and there is no energy or physical well-being sufficient to "play," or really even to make love. Our M/s remains in the pouring of a drink, in the ironing of a few shirts, in the routines of bedtime preparations, and basic moment to moment courtesies rendered. Ownership patterns, by now, run deep. Still, I can see ghosting across our days, a time when we will be wrapped in one another's warmth, and the physical reality of the SM part of our relationship will forever be stripped from our grasp, and I fear that will come long before either of us are ready for it.

I've never liked the BDSM community slogan, "SAFE, SANE, CONSENSUAL (SSC). In play, it never seemed to make any sense to me. It seemed some sort of pablum to try and make the outrageous a bit more acceptable. I didn't come to this to be acceptable. I came to this when I finally accepted that I was outrageously fine just the way I was.

There is NO safety from the depredations of time. NOTHING sane about finding only to lose the race because we were too slow to make the connections. TOTALLY non consensual fading happening here even as we fight to hang on to the moments and the patterns.

This life is about passion. About promises made beyond what is sanctioned. About risks recognized and accepted.

I want to live right now. All the moments. All the feelings. All the promises. Always and all ways. Darkness or light, I will walk this way.

swan

1 comment:

  1. I've thought many the same thoughts as you swan, for different reasons I guess. Coming to this lifestyle as late in life as I did, I still feel the weight of time constantly moving forward. I waited so very long to grasp what I most needed in my life, and having found it I don't want to wait any more. I want it all, and now. Patience is not my friend. I keep telling myself over and over again that Rush is well beyond worth waiting for, but it's not always easy. There are moments when I wonder if/when he leaves His wife, how much time will there be left for US? How much more will we be able to experience by then? So much of my life sometimes is just waiting.. aging.. hoping and dreaming of things that may never come to pass. I've wondered how many years we might have left that we'd be able to enjoy the SM part of our relationship, or simple sex for that matter.

    A woman came into work the other day wearing a collar, and I was startled to see it because she must have been nearing her mid-70's. I wondered if she realized what she was wearing, and if so, what it could possibly mean to someone her age. Not in a bad way of course.. but how SHE defined being a slave at her age. What was different, where she found her fulfillment. Of course, I was at work and far too meek to ASK.

    I'm coming to realize, as you are, that how we define our slavery is not a constant, but an ever-changing fluid concept that takes into account all those factors such as age and physical condition. We are no less slaves for what we *can't* do, we merely redefine what we *can* do. And there is a sadness there, at what is lost, it's inevitable but it's a part of maturing. I've often said I wouldn't change a thing in my life because it all combined to make me the person I am, but I'm human enough to wonder sometimes what more I might have been.

    Don't know if any of this helps.. but know I hear you and wish you peace. *warm hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.