Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

12/19/2005

I Gots the BESTEST Famdamily In the Whole Wide World!!!!

I am a theatre geek. I adore all things theatrical. I like watching them put it together. I am the one who will find the "oops" in a movie, where they made a bad cut & splice. I did alot of theatre in High School and in College my major was Theatre with a Speech minor. I wanted to teach High School Drama and Speech and Direct on the side in local theatre.

Last year for my birthday I asked for, and got, tickets for the family to see "Oliver!" at the Aronoff. It was fabulous. I was in the show when I was younger.

This season "Phantom of the Opera" is being done. **sigh** I didn't even ask. It is Christmas time. We have family obligations. There is alot of expense. And for the 3 of us to go....well...it is huge. So I figured I would get to see it the next time it came to town. In 2 or 3 years.....

Well, Swan is about to have surgery. So Tom and Swan went shopping for me for Christmas this past weekend. They came home with bunches. And she took the bags to her side of the condos and came back to my side with LOADS of wrapped packages. I got oodles of gifts! And last night I got to open one. I have been wanting new champagne glasses. I have all these bits and pieces of different sets. I wanted 12 matching so when we have the entire family, I can set a matched table. AND I GOT THEM!!! And they are beautious and unusual and ME!

Tonight there was another package at my place at the table. Before dinner I got to open another package....I opened a Coldwater Creek box. I like Coldwater Creek. Always snuggy clothes. Very good, but the box was VERY light. I moved the tissue paper and in the bottom was a picture of the flyer for the "Phantom of the Opera"! I started crying. Swan started crying. I could barely breath. And Tom said look in the tissue. There were 3 ticket....ORCHESTRA SEATS, no less!! We are going to see "Phantom" this Friday night. It seems they had it all planned for New Years Day, but with Swan's surgery they had to BEG Ticketmaster to take back the other tickets and they got new tickets. And I get to go. And the best part of all is that I get to go with the dearest people in the world. Who else would realize that there is nothing else that would thrill me more than an evening of theatre?

Yep, I will be the one in the Orchestra section with the HUGE smile, holding hands with my family. Who could ask for a better Christmas?

I love you guys! You are the BESTEST famdamily in the Whole Wide World!!!

T

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:58 AM

    "I started crying. Swan started crying."

    And I started crying too. What a wonderful family you have. All of you.

    magdala~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:05 PM

    What a lovely post T, have a wonderful evening, all of you.
    Hugs. :-)
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how wonderful! Those types of gifts are awesome....you will have a lifetime of memories from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *grin* Don't forget to bring plenty of tissues ;)

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.