Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

12/30/2005

Closing the Year


Reluctantly, just about a year ago, I began to put words to thoughts that swirled in my mind, first at The Swan's Heart, and then later here.

As with so much, I was guided into that writing by Master's insistence. He was convinced that I needed to find a way to voice the wanderings of my mind, and that writing would provide that outlet for me. I was unsure, and not at all happy at the prospect, but obedient. His wisdom has borne fruit in friendships formed, certainly, but in growth for me as well. I have worked my way through a good bit of my own "stuff" here in the blog classroom this year.

I believe that I've found a bit more balance though pouring out so many words here this last year. I know that, in times when I have struggled with my own limits, my own boundaries, my own small-minded short comings, it has been in the effort to stay open and honest here, that I have eventually found some way through the confusion and doubt. I grant that it has not always been easy to read my fussing and fuming here, and I admit to a significant wonderment at those who continue to peep in at the curtains to watch and listen to me whine when there are places that are far sexier. For all that, I've found a few dear souls who have come to feel like good friends, although we've not actually met. You know who you are and you have been for me and mine solid rocks of kindness and stability through a year that has tossed us about some... Bless you for that.

I've learned that I am stronger than I once believed I could ever be -- and softer than I ever let anyone know or see. I've learned truly what it means to "be owned" in times when that has meant to be cared for and indulged and protected and treasured, and too, in times when that reality has demanded that I bend to a will that demands all that I have had to give. I've learned to serve and love and open and give, and I've been hurt for the sake of that love. I've wept and I've sung and I've trembled and I've laughed.

I would do it all again.

When the year winds down to the closing moments, I will look back at lessons learned, at joys shared, at sorrows borne together, at pain and pleasure given and received, at love wrapped around it all, and know that it has been a year I will always be glad to have shared with Master and with T.

"To believe in something not yet proved and to underwrite it with our lives: it is the only way we can leave the future open." -- Lillian Smith

Wishing all who come this way much goodness in the year ahead.

swan

8 comments:

  1. minionette -- I'm just glad it is over with. Right now I can't do anything. Can't lift anything. Can't seem to stay awake for more than about an hour at a time. Taking a shower yesterday wiped me out totally. Not allowed to drive or take a bath or have sex (of course). Won't be able to go back to school for weeks. So, although I'm glad I don't hurt, right now I feel as if most of my life was removed along with the body parts. I suspect I'll feel better about that as I recover but I'm kind of "low."

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:33 AM

    Happy New Year. That was a beautiful post and I, for one, am glad that your Master's insistence brought you here. It's been a pleasure reading you. All of you.

    Almost exactly a year ago my sister had the same procedure that you did. (I'm sure you've heard lots and lots of others experiences but this is the only one I know about..:) She had a difficult recovery, some complications, and she said much the same things that you said up there in the beginning. It's only been the last 4 months or so that she's really gotten back to normal but the change is so dramatic. She says it's as if the surgeon took off ten years along with her uterus, that the recovery "sucked" but she'd do it again in a heartbeat.

    You've got lots of people pulling for you. Even if it is just a cyber thought across miles of phone wire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:59 PM

    Lovely post dear swan, I for one have watched you grow.
    You and yours have my admiration and affection.
    I am amazed that you are able to post so soon after the op.
    May the next year be as fruitful and hopefully not so tough as the last.
    Dream on swan, only by living our dreams do we grow.
    Hugs.
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, I am always so amazed at your sensitive, and always positive, and very loving responses to us. Thank you, for your friendship. It is a great gift.

    Searabbit, your friendship means so much. You go on as though somehow it is we who are courageous and inspirational in our lives. You, dear, are challenged amidst your brilliance and beauty, and sensuality, and intelligence; you are challenged. Your challenges frequently rear their heads and cause you to decompensate and to leave us (fortunately briefly:) We have life challenges but ours are meager in comparison to yours, and it is we who are inspired by you,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I am sincere in this. Thank you for your friendship. Thank you for continuing to share your/our lives:)

    HAPPY 2006 EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

    WE ARE ALL WELL,AND I PRAY THE SAME FOR ALL OF YOU:) 2006 IS GOING TO BE NOTHING BUT FABULOUS!!!!!!!

    Tom

    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. LIve the life you've imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing all three of you a full and blessed new year, revitalized health, and calm, happy hearts.

    For Swan - *gentle loving hug* Please take it easy, let yourself heal (you're probably getting REAL tired of hearing that, but we just want you well!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:20 PM

    The happiest of new years to all of you from all of us. Warmest wishes and brightest of blessings to you.

    magdala~

    ReplyDelete
  7. swan.......... i was so happy to see that wonderful post from you.. to know you are up to even putting words to paper (in a manner of speaking) shows the inner strength you have...

    i would like to wish for all 3 of you,... much happiness, joy, good will and health in 2006

    morningstar (owned by Warren)
    http://wtsubbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you did start blogging! I enjoy your blog so much! Thank you for sharing always!

    I hope you are taking good care of yourself and no over doing!

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.