Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

12/29/2005

She's Home and Doing Well

My God, as a man who has lived through old fashioned abdominal incision hysterectomies in my former marriage and with my Mom, I am amazed by the new laproscopically assisted procedure. We came out of the hospital seven hours after we initially reported for surgery. Swan has three small bandaids on her abdomen where the laproscopes were inserted and that is all the visual signs of the procedure. She has some discomfort but nothing at all extreme. She is tired and spacey and groggy and all the typical post anesthesia symptoms, but all in all, remarkably well. They told us she was quite anemic despite the rather agressive iron supplementation we've had her taking. They prognosticate that in four weeks when her recovery is more advanced, she should have way more energy and vitality than she's had in quite some time (god help us all:)

I don't have time to say thank you to each of you who have been so kind to our swan and all three of us, with your generous expressions of caring and well-wishes for us through the last couple of weeks and especially yesterday and today.

It is wonderful to have so many friends pulling for us.

All the best and thank you:)

Tom

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:02 PM

    So very happy she is home, so very happy the visible damage is so minimal and so very happy to hear of the proposed increase in energy! I am just so very glad it went so well! Here is to a speedy recovery!
    magdala~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have been out of touch electronically of late, but know that my thoughts have been with you all...

    Blessings to you... and rapid healing.

    My observations about the laproscopic surgery recovery is that you generally assume and feel like you can do alot more than you actually *should* be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:42 PM

    Thanks for the update, so glad swan is doing well.
    Don't let her do too much, I'm sure that you won't, she's in very good hands.
    I'm sending healing thoughts.
    Hugs
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impossible to get away with doing "too much." I would have to duct tape Master and T and stuff them both in a closet first... and I simply don't have the energy to do that, or deal with the consequences once they got loose!

    I am feeling remarkably much better than I thought I would at this point, but do tire very quickly, and seem to need very little encouragement to "take a nap."

    Which is where I think I'm headed now. Try not to worry, friends. I'm healing well and over the worst of this I think.

    Thanks for all the good wishes.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:54 PM

    *hugs* wonderrful!

    be well all of you...and happy new year!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.