Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

12/05/2005

Focus

Enough wallowing.

I really do appreciate every, single, dear, one of you who has reached out to me in these days to offer support, and encouragement, and words of comfort. Thank you. The kindness of strangers... I am humbled.

Still, I have work to do. Here. Where my heart must be. No matter the vagaries that life brings.

I have read, around the circle, of disquiet, and I do understand. I, too, have been uneasy, and lacking in calm and peace -- not a happy slave; more pouty than pleasant. It has been noted, and not with pleasure. Before the news of the impending departure of the parts... Before announcements on the employment front that make my economic stability less comfortable than any of us like... I was fussing, for no good reason. Just because, and duly called on it.

I live this life intentionally. I mean to do it with integrity. I want to meet the obligations I've assumed and the committments I've made with grace and growing skill. I too often fall short. Most often that is because I forget where my focus should be. Must be.

It is when I get wrapped up in what I want, in feeling lost, neglected, abandoned, lonely, needy -- that I forget that my promise was to serve, to surrender, to be guided, to trust. The needs of the One I serve provide the marker for my life, the beacon on which I have vowed to fix my sight. When I fall out of that line, I do, indeed, get lost.

I don't know what is coming. And I am afraid. Trust doesn't remove the fear (at least not for me -- not yet). It only assures me that I'll be held when the trembling shakes me to my core... I only need to try and remember to focus.

swan

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:28 PM

    Swan....

    I know that trust doesn't take away the fear....you do own that, however, from one that has been there, the fear is worse than the reality...you will be fine, and wonder after all is over and done with, why you feared it at all..

    Bo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you are probably right, Bo. On the other side of the surgery, I imagine it will seem a good thing. That is what everyone tells me. Regardless, it will be what it is. There are no viable options now, and no rewind button for afterwards either. I will simply have to live with what "they" in their surgical wisdom decide to leave me -- however many inches "they" think works for me, and get used to that body when I wake up on the other side. Right now, I'm just too tired to fight it anymore.

    And, to be honest, there are other realities that I need to be dealing with...

    swan

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.