Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

12/07/2005

Grinch


The season approaches, ready or not, and I am NOT ready. Christmas time, for me, is always difficult.

Difficult on so many different levels.

Difficult because it implies a religious practice and observance and simple faith in which I do not partake and cannot find any path into anymore. There are still the imprints of the music, and I can sometimes get lost there, but most of that is so hackneyed that I can't even enjoy the largest percentage of it most of the time.

Difficult because there is the massive push to festivity that I simply do not feel right now. I am not the least bit festive feeling at the moment. My job is evaporating under me, and likely my career along with it. I go to school each day and take care of the children given to me for the day, and by the time I get home, I am emotionally wasted. And I am furious at the people who have brought this mess to pass... Their stupidity and naivety and just mean-spirited ugliness is unforgivable. Oh well, there will be some way to stay alive, but it will be without the singing joy of the classroom...

Master is ill, and no one can tell us what it is. Or why or how? Or what to do. Tests and more tests and no idea what to do next. Only days and nights of worry without a plan.

Money is tight and there are gifts that should be bought to send to so many people so that the season can be bright. Why? How?

And I must deal with the stupid body that rebels and bleeds and hurts. And I can't get it scheduled or planned or settled.

I am grumpy and grouchy and grinchy. Hurting the ones I love who love this season and want to sing and dance and make merry. Someone ought to stick me in a big box with a shipping label and call UPS. Send me off to who knows where... Just get me the hell out of here until sometime after Valentine's day...

I am the Grinch

swan

9 comments:

  1. *hugs* I'm thinking of you. Sending some positive vibes your way too, I hope everything can be resolved soon and in a way that's beneficial to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Swan,

    I can see that your plate is full...and the holidays certianly don't make things any easier...my thoughts are with yiu.

    Bo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Swan,

    I can see that your plate is full...and the holidays certianly don't make things any easier...my thoughts are with yiu.

    Bo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Swan,

    I can see that your plate is full...and the holidays certianly don't make things any easier...my thoughts are with yiu.

    Bo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Swan,

    I can see that your plate is full...and the holidays certianly don't make things any easier...my thoughts are with yiu.

    Bo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Swan,

    I can see that your plate is full...and the holidays certianly don't make things any easier...my thoughts are with yiu.

    Bo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:18 PM

    Sorry about that.....a little computer hiccup on my part :-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, bo, dancer, searabbit... I am trying to hang on, to trust, to, in fact, "fake it." There are no real options, and I do know that I had no "real" plans for the uterus. All of this is solid real truth. I understand. I am aware that the crabbiness is ungrounded and without any sort of basis. That makes it even harder for me to justify to myself, let alone anyone else. I just feel like a prize fighter down for the count. I know I should get up and keep moving, and, knowing that I seem to find myself still prone here on the mat, somehow...

    Some "mentor"...

    Sheesh!

    That is a label I am wearing very badly, sea...

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  9. swan..

    i read you everyday. sometimes i reread things. You ARE a mentor to many of us. Your writings are profound and helpful. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.