Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

12/01/2005

Wishing


The one last thing left from the Thanksgiving holiday festivities (if you don't count all the leftover turkey) was the wishbone.

We'd kept it around, drying, until it was ready to pull and break so we could make a wish with it. Last night, He and I used it to make our respective wishes. I ended up with the long end, and so won...

By tradition, or lore, or myth, you are not supposed to tell what your wish is, or it won't come true. He, having lost, figured, I suppose that there was nothing to lose. He told me that He hoped that I too wished to win the lottery so that we could all retire and live the rest of our lives doing exactly what we chose to do ...

I can only say that at this point in our lives, with all that faces us, I am glad I won the wishing contest last night.

swan

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:35 PM

    swan, it would be good if your wish came true. :-)
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :-)
    Hugs.
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure I was supposed to, but this post made me laugh, in a quiet gentle way that brought pleasure. Thank you :)

    Thank you also for your insight on my recent frustrations. It is so very nice to know that I am not alone and that others have similar feelings and thoughts at times.

    I am thankful that you are so very uniquely you.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.