Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

11/19/2008

Baby!

My son just called.

From Denver.

On a Wednesday night -- the middle of the week.

To share "big news."

He and his wife are expecting a baby!

I will be a grandmother in late May.
My children have made me a "grandmother" twice before this.

My daughter had a baby girl when she was only 16 years old. That little one was given to adoptive parents, and while the adoption is very open, circumstances make it very rare for us to see one another. That grandchild is now 14 years old, and I've spent probably less than a week with her all together.
My son and his wife became pregnant some 10 years ago (when they were still just dating), and had a baby girl. They had believed that pregnancy was not medically possible. That pregnancy was an absolute surprise. It was long before they were certain that they were prepared to make their relationship permanent, and they were very unprepared for the possibility of parenthood. So, that grandchild also went to live with adoptive parents. I held her in my arms hours after her birth, looked into her deep violet eyes, knew she was perfect and lovely, and have never seen her since.

This baby -- this one, will stay. This one I will get to see and know and talk with and rock and hold and watch grow up. I am thrilled!

My heart is full to overflowing.

swan

11 comments:

  1. I'm very moved by this post Sue. As much by the tales of the other babies as by the joyful expectation of the coming one. Is this the same son as had the unexpected baby?

    No doubt you will keep us updated with progress reports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:34 AM

    oh sweety....many, many, many very heartfelt congratulations. I have no biological children, but have always considered my 'step'children to be very much mine. I've been blessed with grandchildren four times now, and the joy and delight they bring me cannot be matched.

    Like Malcom, I very much look forward to the progress reports. Blessings on your family dear.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:56 AM

    How wonderful Swan...what a gift! Congratulations! May you enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:00 AM

    congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swan, congratulations, this is wonderful news.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swan

    How lovely many congratulations, just need rocking chair and knitting needles now and you can be a 'real' Grandma!!

    Hil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:37 PM

    HI Swan..and all..

    i mostly lurk..but i just recently became a "grandma" for the first time....there is nothing like the joy of looking into a baby's eyes...and knowing he/she already somehow knows you...get ready for lots of love and laughter..and...diapers..lol

    abby

    ReplyDelete
  8. swan - i am so happy for you... words can't describe how happy !!

    i never thought i would be as happy as i am being a "granny".. but my 2 grandkids give me such joy !!!

    my wish for you .. is that you will have the same joy and wonderment with your new grandbaby

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:56 PM

    Oh, happy, happy congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:13 PM

    Congratulations! I'm SO excited for you. :-)

    kaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.