Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

11/01/2008

VOTE!!!!!!!

VOTE!!!

I cannot express how important this election is at this very moment in time...

Everything within me SCREAMS that this will be the most important election of my lifetime.

I was barely a kindergartner when the last election of great importance happened. I was unable to participate in the country's election of John F. Kennedy, but I remember how proud my parents were. They knew, the times they were a'changin'. And I remember the great loss we all felt, when he was taken all too soon.

I am 50+ and the times, indeed, are a'changin' again. There is a hope. A bright chance of a better tomorrow...for my family...for my community....for the world....and for me.

Certainly, my preference would be for you to vote for CHANGE and HOPE.... But I want you to vote with your head, and yes, your heart. Who is going to support your heart's passions? Who is going to restore America's integrity with the rest of the world? Who is best equipped to drag us out of this economic nightmare? Who talks peace before war? Who is going to assist America's children to grow, and learn, and become one of the "Bright Lights" that will illuminate the world of the future? Who, for the past 21 months has had a steady hand and willingness to ask us to be better than we have ever been before?

America is a wonderful place. Full of caring, loving, supportive citizens. We ALL want the best for those around us. We want health care that will support us as we age or if we become gravely ill. We want an educational system that raises all children, regardless of their abilities, to become productive parts of our society. We want economic stability that will support all of us, not just the wealthy among us. We want an infrastructure that will run our country into the future and not into the ground. We want the lesser of us to be lifted to heights they have never dreamed possible. And... we want PEACE. A country that will not drag our citizens into senseless wars that only promote the worse of us and not our best.

VOTE..... that is all I ask. VOTE early, if you can. VOTE. It is a right that is not enjoyed in many nations, or by many people.

The time is now...

VOTE!

T


4 comments:

  1. I'll be glad when it's all over

    Will be sending loads of positive vibes across the pond

    BB

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:13 PM

    here in foreign parts we can only watch with bated breath...

    good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:18 AM

    From Europe we are just biting our nails...
    Because for us it is obvious that Obama should win the elections.
    In Belgium we are obligated to vote and i completely agree with that.

    joy{T}

    ReplyDelete
  4. T, I love your passion, and share it.
    From here in the far west of England I too watch with bated breath and hopes for a great nation.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.