Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

11/10/2008

Just Like Family

We have never just came out with our parents. Tom's Dad and my Mom are aware that Swan is always included. My Mom treats Swan as a 2nd daughter. Tom's Dad just knows that she is always available to us or him. The other day, the wallet issue was one of those times.

After Tom called her and asked her to locate Dad's wallet on Tom's dresser, Dad just sat there and said "She is just like a part of the family." Tom said "Yes, she is". And I said "Yes, she is part of our family." He didn't get all fluffed up about it. He is just finally realizing that Swan is part of us. No questions, no aspersions, no eye-rolling. Just acceptance.

Now, I could have crawled out of the car and gone in to get that wallet....but then we would have to explain why I was going into Swan's condo to get the wallet off of Tom's dresser.... and that WOULD have got him going!

There was a day when Tom's parents were less than "pleased" to have me included in family events, even though his kids and ex-wife were more that accepting of me. It was not until we got married and had our reception, that his parents started speaking to me. Now we are good. Dad accepts me for the person I am, the crazy daughter-in-law who loves his son and grand kids, who gets along with the ex-wife, who sends him wacky cards ever few days with dirty jokes inside, the grocery runner and the hospital bag packer.

Now if I could only work on Swan's Mom....she wouldn't know what hit her!

....wink....

T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.