Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

1/05/2009

Evil, Nasty, Predatory Monster

Late last week, a post showed up on one of the listserves that I still participate in. I don't really know anything about the person who wrote it. I believe the woman is not a frequent poster, but then, neither am I. What she wrote, however shocked me.

The short version of the story is that she and her "Master" are in a primarily long distance relationship that entails occasional face-to-face contact. When the relationship began, some years ago, the Master required her to be tested for STDs, and she learned as a result that she has genital herpes. The relationship went forward with the stipulation that she would take ant-viral medications, and they would practice safe sex. The "Master" volunteered to pay for all the medications and required medical appointments. She reported that she became frustrated at the infrequency of sexual contact and so stopped taking the medications and didn't tell Him. She had sexual relations with Him without advising Him of the discontinued medication regimen. When He confronted her about the situation, and she admitted to what she had done, He banished her from His home and His bed... What, she wondered, could she do to re-establish trust and stop "testing" Him?
The list kind of just sat there for a very long day after that little piece appeared. Silence was thunderous. I watched to see what response there would be, until I just couldn't stand it anymore. Then I unloaded. It is my opinion that such deliberate deceit, such a lack of integrity, such willingness to risk the well-being of a partner has no place at all in any relationship, and certainly is inappropriate within the context of a power-based relationship. As far as I'm concerned, this ding-a-ling ought to be facing legal charges. There's no reason at all to go easy on this kind of sleazy and irresponsible behavior. We ought to, as a community, be straightforward in calling this sort of predatory nonsense exactly what it is.
I wonder if the silence, the failure to step up and say that this was not "OK," was about the fact that it was the Dominant partner who was victimized? We have a culture in the lifestyle that causes us to lean toward the belief that it is the submissive who is vulnerable to abuse by scene predators. We are much slower to see, understand, and react to the ways in which the top part of the power equation can be victimized and harmed by unethical and unscrupulous bottoms.
It is entirely reasonable to withhold judgement of our various and divergent kinks. It is not at all reasonable to withhold our sanction when someone behaves in a deliberately destructive fashion within a lifestyle relationship.
swan

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:48 PM

    here! here!

    Sir's pet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:57 PM

    wow! that is the kind of direspect that should not happen in ANY relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is disgusting behaviour - immoral in every sense of the word. I don't think necessarily it is a case of silence because it was the dominant victimized; I find in general people are hesitant to stand up and say something about ANY aspect of a relationship - particularly in the BDSM world.

    It is more a case of people wimping out, frankly, afraid of being attacked for being 'intolerant', 'not understanding', etc - which is BS - I don't care what the labels are - her actions were inexcusable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:28 AM

    I have also witnessed, on DD and BDSM forums, people acting AS IF anything goes, in the name of being non judgemental of anothers kink. Unfortunately, in their rush to be tolerant, they do not realize that they act AS IF Kinky = immoral. Obviously it does not. The only thing worse than perpetrating a wrong is standing silent and watching. We have seen so much damage throughout history. One would think that lesson would be learned. I am so glad you spoke up swan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:20 AM

    Swan
    I agree 100% legal charges should be filed. There is no room in any relationship for such "games".

    I also stoped by to offer my condolences to you all on Ohio States' loss. I sooo wanted them to win. My 2 other teams I love lost their bowl games so I know the "agony of defeat". I am barely over those losses and they were days ago. I am a huge football fan and get way to into it( Italian genes) - lol.
    All I have to say is "Wait 'til next year!!"
    Ciao
    I Gal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:50 PM

    I wonder if perhaps some had been on the other end of ignorance, unkindness, or prejudice directed at them or theirs because of this infection. That may have been the reason for an uncomfortable silence, not wanting to be seen as "piling on".
    I agree with you, however! This is very different. To knowingly risk infecting another with any disease is unconscionable. She should not ever get another chance: she was not testing him - she was betraying him, herself, and indeed any sense of morality at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:47 PM

    Swan,
    Agreed. The deliberate withholding
    of pertinent health related facts to anyone, especially to someone you are suppose to care about, is outrageous and should be condemned.

    slave freya

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I utterly agree about the charges against her. Wow. That is the height of abusive. It simply does not matter what side of the paddle you are on. There is simply no excuse for knowingly putting another person's health in danger. None at all!!

    I'm glad you gave her a dressing down. She deserves it and then some. Such behavior just outrages me. Really. I cannot say anything nice about it at all.

    I have several friends who have very little hope of ever concieving children because of such behavior...their most cherished dreams...all gone because someone decided to be so selfish....One of these friends was actually raped, so each time there's an outbreak, she relives the rape again. What a nightmare. If there's anything that can rile me to serious anger its stuff like this. *sighs...*

    And you are also right about this dynamic thing. But then there's the same prejudice about men being beaten by women....

    *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.